Old 08-08-2016, 10:33 PM   #15
1 Rivet Member

2015 30' Classic
Houston , Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zybane View Post
I have a RAM 2500 which is a 3500 just with softer springs. Towed with and without the ProPride 3P. I cannot say enough good things about the 3P. Being a RAM 3500 isn't going to magically make the trailer not sway for you. Just do it right the first time with the ProPride.
Where can I get one? I am in route to pick up my airstream already. The hitch places I talked with didn't carry the pro pride. Thoughts? I am in Mobile, AL and headed towards Columbia, SC.

Thanks!

Old 08-09-2016, 08:08 PM   #16
Rivet Master

2016 30' Classic
Lorton , Virginia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quadron View Post
Where can I get one? I am in route to pick up my airstream already. The hitch places I talked with didn't carry the pro pride. Thoughts? I am in Mobile, AL and headed towards Columbia, SC.

Thanks!
http://www.propridehitch.com/product...ol-Hitch-.html

Old 08-10-2016, 06:19 PM   #17
1 Rivet Member

2015 30' Classic
Houston , Texas
Smile

Picked up the classic today!! The dealer had scratched the panel some lightly with a swinging fence. They gave me $4000 of for the damage. Called Jackson and they said that it could be repaired for between $3500-4500, but I think I can live with the scratches. They are pretty minor.

Just about everything else on it is perfect. Went through the detailed inspection checklist provided for used buyers. Tested all appliances/cabinets/rivets/nooks/cubbys. Etc.

Oh, and found out it has solar, which the dealer hadn't realized that it had installed. Woohoo!

Thanks for the help everyone! Will let you know if it doesn't work out. Excellent service so far from Airstream of South Carolina (aka Johns RV)
Old 08-11-2016, 08:33 PM   #18
Rivet Master

2016 30' Classic
Lorton , Virginia
Which panel has the scratch? $4K for a scratch is pretty impressive.
Old 08-11-2016, 11:20 PM   #19
1 Rivet Member

2015 30' Classic
Houston , Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zybane View Post
Which panel has the scratch? $4K for a scratch is pretty impressive.
Back left lower panel.

Brandon
Old 08-13-2016, 03:41 PM   #20
2 Rivet Member

2015 30' Classic
Mt Pleasant , South Carolina
Don't know if what I have to offer will help with all the good advice posted so far but here goes.

Took delivery of 2015 Classic from Bay Area Airstream in Fairfield, CA in April 2015. Dealer did a great job of PDI and Blue Ox hitch setup. Had it delivered by 3rd party to Las Vegas to avoid CA sales tax (SC tax $300.00) Was on an extended visit in San Diego at the time. Since then, have traveled back to SC, NC several times, MD several times and once to Jackson Center. Just arrived back from a 8,000 + mile trip out West through the Dakota's, MT, CA coast and Napa, Denver and home. So now more than 20,000 miles. Here are my minor travails.

Almost all failures that had to be corrected at Jackson Center were non-Airstream components. A/C thermostat sensors, 3rd jack replacement and minor adjustments. My list was about 15 items long but so inconsequential that I don't even remember them now. What I do remember is the absolutely GREAT service I received at the factory. As a RV'er for more that 13 years and owner of 5th wheels and Class A's and suffering from shoddy service from independent dealers and Camping World, I would never go anywhere else but the AS factory.

In fact I am scheduled back for another service (under warranty) in October. The new list is again 16 + items with all being minor AS issues or outside vendor equipment problems. Such as:

Rear bedroom floor squeaking.
5-6 ceiling rivets popping out.
Front curved window shade tension broken.
ZipDee Awning issue on opening
Converter/charger failure
Steps not locking in down position
Power jack failure to hold in extreme position. Will request Atwood replacement
Leak at hot water heater (minor)
12 v fuse diagram
Pantry and drawer locking issues

Again these are minor and maybe a dealer can fix but I trust AS factory and not the dealers. And a little side trip to OH never hurt anyone.
Old 08-13-2016, 04:38 PM   #21
Rivet Master

2016 30' Classic
Lorton , Virginia
What kind of tow setup do you have? If you are pop'ing that many ceiling rivets, I'd be concerned with too harsh of a ride.
Old 08-14-2016, 06:41 AM   #22
2 Rivet Member

2015 30' Classic
Mt Pleasant , South Carolina
Thanks for asking. I have the Blue Ox and I only have 4 or 5 rivets popped. Keep in mind that there are 20,000 + miles with some really rough patches and tire inflation at full 80 psi. Hitch setup was done at the dealer.