Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Knowledgebase > Airstream Trailer Forums > Classic > 2016 - Current Classic (all lengths)
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 05-21-2017, 06:46 PM   #1
Rivet Master

2016 30' Classic
Hinckley , Ohio
Classic Villa Power sofa

Our new 2016 Classic sofas seemed a little off to us. The legs didn't come up quite as far as we thought they should.

A look at the sides of the extended legs confirmed this. It was not extending to the stop pins. There was a space there.

To fix this look under the extended legs. Pull the keeper and the pin. Simply unscrew the round arm to make it a little longer, so it lines up when you hold the legs lift up. It only will screw one way, because they ship fully compressed.

I hope this help some.

Regards.
Old 05-22-2017, 08:17 AM   #2
Reads a lot

2017 30' Classic
Titusville , Florida
Very helpful. Thank you for posting. I am new to Airstreaming and still learning a lot because people like yourself took the time to write and offer a fix. Again, thanks.

She Believed She Could so She Did.
kendrick.l.j is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2017, 03:20 PM   #3
3 Rivet Member

2018 30' Classic
Sioux Falls , South Dakota
Send a message via Yahoo to Kyet
Cushions in arms of sofa

What are these for? I'm hoping nothing and I could use that for storage
Kyet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2017, 03:49 PM   #4
Reads a lot

2017 30' Classic
Titusville , Florida
Kyet- those cushions are used to make the dinette into a bed. The table lowers, you throw the cushions in place and bam! Another bed.

She Believed She Could so She Did.
kendrick.l.j is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2017, 01:21 PM   #5
3 Rivet Member

2018 30' Classic
Sioux Falls , South Dakota
Send a message via Yahoo to Kyet
Bummer, Thanks though. I think this is going to be some slim living
Kyet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2017, 09:48 PM   #6
2 Rivet Member

2016 30' Classic
Santa Barbara , California
Extending the recliner

I've just visited Leggett & Pratt's (the recliner used in our 2016 Classic) website for a description of the adjustment you (Bigventure) mentioned. https://www.leggettmotion-intl.com/f...ts/en/3368.pdf
Where in the diagram is the adjustment part you spoke of?
Also, it seems that our Classic uses the "Supercliner." https://www.leggettmotion-intl.com/f...upercliner.pdf which appears to show the back cushion reclining as well (which ours doesn't).

We've been adding pillows under the legs and behind our lower backs to achieve more reclining.
dmslawson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2017, 06:16 AM   #7
Rivet Master

2016 30' Classic
Hinckley , Ohio
Strange how you got a different sofa in your unit. I own a new 2016 Classic. It looks more comfortable than my Villa. The piece I was referencing is not listed as a separate piece in the parts. But it is the only silver part. The motors shown on the left in the middle is the outer tube and to the right is the inner tube that you can adjust. I hope that helps. Don't look to get a whole more motion out of it. It does have limits.
Old 06-11-2017, 06:23 AM   #8
Rivet Master

2016 30' Classic
Hinckley , Ohio
I'm thinking about the dinette in the 2016 Classic. And I think I can remove the seat backs by cutting a few tacks. This would make the bed at least 8" bigger.

Has anyone done this? I'm concerned about what type of backing is under the backs. I could sew some Velcro to keep them in place afterwards.

Could someone post a photo of a 2017 seat back?