Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Knowledgebase > Airstream Trailer Forums > Special Editions and Limited Releases > Eddie Bauer - All Models
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 07-09-2014, 08:34 AM   #1
4 Rivet Member

2014 27' FB Eddie Bauer
Mobile , Alabama
Eddie Bauer owner's thread

Hi, picked up our 27 FB EB on June 16th and have camped with it a little over 16 days since.
This is preliminary review of our trailer, any thoughts, reviews and suggestions are welcome
BassCan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2014, 10:07 AM   #2
4 Rivet Member

2014 27' FB Eddie Bauer
Mobile , Alabama
well must be doing something wrong just spent an hour typing in our review of our camper twice and was not posted. will try again after work
Old 07-09-2014, 12:39 PM   #3
1 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
Tampa , Florida
That's a shame, looking forward to the review!
jamesk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2014, 08:20 PM   #4
4 Rivet Member

2014 27' FB Eddie Bauer
Mobile , Alabama
Okay back from work. Must be a slow typing so going to post after each review.
The bedroom is nice. The walk around queen is why we went with the 27 EB. I am 6 feet tall and the bed is a little short but comfortable. The ability to walk on both sides gives us storage for him and her. We like the reading lights under the cubby and over the bed. We love the windows, it gives the bedroom an airy feel with the curtains pulled back during the day. The bedside cabinets need a shallow drawer for placing books or chargers for iPads when not in use. We like the ability to pull the the flexible curtain close to separate the bedroom from the rest of the trailer. One thing we have noted that was annoying was the surround sound playing on the speakers in the bedroom when a movie was playing on the blue ray in the living
space. We have not figured out how to turn the bedroom speakers off while playing a movie in the living area.
Old 07-09-2014, 08:38 PM   #5
4 Rivet Member

2014 27' FB Eddie Bauer
Mobile , Alabama
Okay that posted.Next, The bathroom is tight. But we do not spent much time there anyway. The toilet paper holder is inside the upper slide cabinet that is next to the toilet, therefore that cabinet door is never closed. The cabinet under the sink looks large on the brochure, but the lower half is were the hot water heater is located. Therefore the storage cabinet under the sink has just enough room for a couple of beach towels. The long shelf under the mirror is nice for placing toothpaste, hair brushes, shampoo and things like that.
We also were surprised to find nice storage behind the mirror that raises up.
The water heater switch is in the bathroom. We really like the way the bathroom door can swing all the way back on the hinges thus giving more room in the hallway.
Old 07-09-2014, 09:02 PM   #6
4 Rivet Member

2014 27' FB Eddie Bauer
Mobile , Alabama
Oh wanted to mention that the wife likes the opaque porthole on the bathroom door. The shower door tends to pop open when I take a shower. It is also tight for me to turn around in. Now the grand kids have room in the shower and do fine.
We have filled the grey water tank to 100 percent twice while camping, this was noted only by water staying in the shower pan. So my wife checks the grey and black tank everyday.
Old 07-09-2014, 09:22 PM   #7
4 Rivet Member

2014 27' FB Eddie Bauer
Mobile , Alabama
Okay the kitchen. The layout is good for one person cooking. We went with the slide out microwave option and would get it again. We like the height of the microwave in the slide out pantry. The three burner gas stove has worked flawlessly and cleans up easily. We have not used the oven yet. There is limited storage under the sink for pots so we purchased a set of the magnum nesting pots. They are stowed with the toaster in the bottom slide out cabinet. The coffee maker is stowed in the upper shelf in the center closet. The upper cubby holds paper plates, cups and paper towels. Food so far fits in the cabinet above the microwave slide out. We have the sea tec tank monitoring system that has worked every time so far. The water pump switch and inverter switch is above the counter by the sink. We are glad that they are our of reach of out two year old grandson.
Old 07-09-2014, 09:35 PM   #8
4 Rivet Member

2014 27' FB Eddie Bauer
Mobile , Alabama
The one thing we have noted when converting the table to a bed for sleeping guests is a gap of three to four inches between the table bed and the wall of the hatch. My wife pointed out that this gap could be a danger for entrapment for a small child while sleeping. So we placed cushions in the gap when our daughter with her two young children stayed with us. I don't know if Airstream is aware of the possible danger.
Old 07-09-2014, 09:47 PM   #9
4 Rivet Member

2014 27' FB Eddie Bauer
Mobile , Alabama
Options, We love the dual air conditioners with the 50 watt upgrade. They keep us cool on hot humid days and would purchase them again. they are also loud, so we turn off the one in the living area and keep the one on in the bedroom while watching TV in the living area. I have heard the ducted system is quieter. Oh well should of waited one more year.
We have the factory installed solar that keeps the batteries going in the sunny south when off grid. Would get the solar package again.
The awing package really does cut down on the radiant heat. You can feel the difference almost immediately after deploying them. Would get them again.
Love the pantry slide out microwave
Old 07-09-2014, 10:02 PM   #10
4 Rivet Member

2014 27' FB Eddie Bauer
Mobile , Alabama
Review of the hatch and the lift up sitting for storage and hauling. The benches easily convert upright and there is a small latch to keep them upright. I have not figured how all the cushions fit in back of the benches yet. We have placed some cushions on the bed for travel. We have carried our kayaks tied down in the EB. The hatch made loading and unloading easy. We have stopped at rest stops with the hatch open to cool the trailer for lunch. We have had friends over while camping with the hatch open on a pretty day. The versatility is what attracted us to the Eddie Bauer.
Old 07-09-2014, 10:04 PM   #11
4 Rivet Member

2014 27' FB Eddie Bauer
Mobile , Alabama
Okay, thanks to everyone for following my rambling review.
Old 07-09-2014, 10:14 PM   #12
4 Rivet Member

2014 27' FB Eddie Bauer
Mobile , Alabama
Forgot to mention that two things were broken in the 16 days of camping. The kitchen counter extension pop off when our 19 y/o son was trying to get out the door while it was extended. Looks like small wood screws were holding it in place and The bedroom towel rack broke off while stuffing a beach towel on it.
Old 07-09-2014, 10:25 PM   #13
Rivet Master

2015 25' FB Eddie Bauer
2013 25' FB Eddie Bauer
2012 20' Flying Cloud
Small Town , *** Big Sky Country ***Western Montana
Well done! We opted for the 25 because much of our camping is boon docking and the extra length DOES make a difference. We'd like to have the extra storage that you have and are envious. The EB suits us well and we have a new one that came off the line this week to be delivered next week!

It is also noteworthy that AS has situated the bathroom door such that it may be partially opened (perpendicular to the hall) to afford more ease when finishing duties in that area... just make sure that the bedroom side window shade is down!
We also find the convection microwave to be an excellent choice and continue to prefer the optional full awnings, and factory solar and inverter. The EB does give only 1/2" extra ground clearance, but often - for us - that makes a difference in getting into some of the more primitive camps. (Tires are also upgraded)

So, in short - we have voted again for the EB hatch...in order to be able to keep our "ducts" in a row
Terminal Aluminitis; 2-people w/ 3+ dogs
mefly2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2014, 10:56 AM   #14
Home of Vortex tuning

2013 27' FB Eddie Bauer
Spearfish , South Dakota
The folding support bars under the lounge/dinette were delivered with a slight outward kick from vertical. The bars rested against the face plate board to get this angle. With my use, I have found the face plates are loose on their mounting. I suspect my sitting load (250#) is prying these face plates loose. From what I can see, the entire bottom face, where the bars are bolted, has to be removed to access the screws that hold the face plates on. Now I'm keeping them vertical, no prying load against them.
Old 07-10-2014, 11:06 AM   #15
Home of Vortex tuning

2013 27' FB Eddie Bauer
Spearfish , South Dakota
When I fold my benches they will hold two thicknesses (bottom & side) of cushions, leave the mini wedge velcroed, just rotate it to clear.
I'm looking into getting another mini wedge made like the port side dinette seat back, for the starboard side, and leave the big wedge home.
Old 07-10-2014, 11:11 AM   #16
Home of Vortex tuning

2013 27' FB Eddie Bauer
Spearfish , South Dakota
In order to kill sound from the bedroom speakers, it is the fader/balance screen on the sony radio, full front speakers kills the bedroom ones.
Old 07-11-2014, 01:55 PM   #17
Rivet Master

2015 25' FB Eddie Bauer
2013 25' FB Eddie Bauer
2012 20' Flying Cloud
Quote:
Originally Posted by CDONA View Post
The folding support bars under the lounge/dinette were delivered with a slight outward kick from vertical. The bars rested against the face plate board to get this angle. With my use, I have found the face plates are loose on their mounting. I suspect my sitting load (250#) is prying these face plates loose. From what I can see, the entire bottom face, where the bars are bolted, has to be removed to access the screws that hold the face plates on. Now I'm keeping them vertical, no prying load against them.
You are correct; I had to tear mine apart to get to the screws... as well as actually get at some of the screws in the rest of the frame so that they had something in which to bite. It was not that difficult to pry the upper or lower face to access and repair.
Old 07-22-2014, 04:05 PM   #18
Rivet Master

2015 25' FB Eddie Bauer
2013 25' FB Eddie Bauer
2012 20' Flying Cloud
Thumbs up for the 2015 EB with ducted air!
Old 07-23-2014, 08:33 AM   #19
3 Rivet Member

2012 25' FB Eddie Bauer
Austin , Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by BassCan View Post
One thing we have noted that was annoying was the surround sound playing on the speakers in the bedroom when a movie was playing on the blue ray in the living space. We have not figured out how to turn the bedroom speakers off while playing a movie in the living area.
In my 2012 25' I'm only getting stereo out the the blue ray, not surround sound. I think I was able to front/rear "fade" to turn down the bedroom speakers. My rig is in storage right now so I can't run out and verify my sketchy memory.
Old 07-23-2014, 10:33 AM   #20
Home of Vortex tuning

2013 27' FB Eddie Bauer
Spearfish , South Dakota
To get the "surround sound" from blue ray, my radio has to be on also, in CD aux 2 mode. I tried this once, I had to crank up the radio fairly high to hear the "surround sound". I don't bother with it.