Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-22-2014, 06:34 AM   #1
2 Rivet Member

2015 27' FB Eddie Bauer
Aston , Pennsylvania
EB Sunbrella color spec

Does anyone know the actual color name of the tan sunbrella in the EB's? I found a few different custom seat cushion websites that use sunbrella and allow for custom cushions.

I had wanted to make a custom cushion and backrest for the dinette that doesn't steal all the other cushions in the rear of the EB. The fabric being an exact match would be perfect.

Here is one of the sites, there are many:

Custom Cushions & Pillows for Outdoor Furniture | Cushion Source
BASE729 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2014, 06:40 AM   #2
Rivet Master

2014 27' FB Eddie Bauer
Chelsea , Michigan
Here is the Sunbrella web site. You might be able to figure it out from this. Also, you might call Airstream Customer Service (Dan Snyder, Customer Service Manager 877-596-6111 X7408) to see if they can help identify the actual color for you. When you figure this out, kindly post here so we can all save the information for future reference.

Fabric Showroom: Sunbrella fabrics
Old 12-22-2014, 08:34 AM   #3
Home of Vortex tuning

2013 27' FB Eddie Bauer
Spearfish , South Dakota
I'm in the process of replacing the big wedge of the the starboard side dinette with what is used on the port side, (smaller wedge)
The upholstery shop here in Havasu had fabric swatches of sunbrella and matched mine perfectly. I didn't get a name or number of the swatch, I didn't need to know.
The info is out there, , ,
Old 12-22-2014, 08:50 AM   #4
Keen amature

1975 20' Argosy 20
Chestfield , Kent
Crate and Barrel stock Sunbrella by the yard in their fabric department, and carry the swatches in most stores that have a fabric department.
martin300662 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2014, 09:19 AM   #5
Rivet Master

2000 31' Land Yacht
Central , Florida
If you don't want an almost perfect match, to get an exact match take a sample with you when you buy, even store light will change color appearance. Nothing matches Sunbrella for durability and color retention.
DaveFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2014, 10:13 AM   #6
Home of Vortex tuning

2013 27' FB Eddie Bauer
Spearfish , South Dakota
I remembered she put a part number on my work sheet for the needed sunbrella material
5476-0000
I can't say if this is a factory part or a supplier/vendor part number
Old 12-23-2014, 10:34 AM   #7
Keen amature

1975 20' Argosy 20
Chestfield , Kent
That is the code for Sunbrella Canvas Heather Beige

Not sure if that is what you are looking for, but that's what it is.
martin300662 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2014, 11:13 AM   #8
2 Rivet Member

2015 27' FB Eddie Bauer
Aston , Pennsylvania
Quote:
Originally Posted by martin300662 View Post
That is the code for Sunbrella Canvas Heather Beige

Not sure if that is what you are looking for, but that's what it is.
That's exactly what I was looking for. I have them sending a swatch of that material out to verify. I'll update when I receive it. Thanks!
Old 12-24-2014, 09:59 AM   #9
Home of Vortex tuning

2013 27' FB Eddie Bauer
Spearfish , South Dakota
She put their swatch up against my seat cushion for the match.
All my stuff goes in 1/7/15 for the work
Old 01-12-2015, 05:52 AM   #10
2 Rivet Member

2015 27' FB Eddie Bauer
Aston , Pennsylvania
I got the color swatch. I laid it on the existing fabric for comparison. While the lighting shouldn't make a difference since its fabric on fabric, I will say that in person, the material looks to be a better match than the photo.

I'm laying out the U-Lounge now. The plan is to make a bench seat that spans between the two existing benches. When I use the tabletop, its more of a bed and not anywhere that's convenient to sit. By making a smaller insert, it should be a true three sided lounge.

Once that's done, I plan on having a smaller table top made that only utilizes one of the table legs. Just have to see how wobbly that would be. It would be a very small table top surface. We'll see.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6574.jpg
Views:	164
Size:	433.6 KB
ID:	230282  
Old 11-18-2017, 08:54 AM   #11
Rivet Master

2012 25' FB Eddie Bauer
Vintage Kin Owner
Virginia Beach , Virginia
Quote:
Originally Posted by BASE729 View Post
I got the color swatch. I laid it on the existing fabric for comparison. While the lighting shouldn't make a difference since its fabric on fabric, I will say that in person, the material looks to be a better match than the photo.

I'm laying out the U-Lounge now. The plan is to make a bench seat that spans between the two existing benches. When I use the tabletop, its more of a bed and not anywhere that's convenient to sit. By making a smaller insert, it should be a true three sided lounge.

Once that's done, I plan on having a smaller table top made that only utilizes one of the table legs. Just have to see how wobbly that would be. It would be a very small table top surface. We'll see.
Slight hijack. My cushions will need new foam before too long and I have considered going to ultraleather... BUT I love the look of the quilted back pieces. I've seen newer EBs with ultraleather but only in black and deep brown, and a quick search for quilted ultraleather doesn't bring up anything in a beige/camel hue.

I want to match the current color as close as possible, but not if I'd have to quilt it myself, (really need a special long arm multi head commercial machine to quilt 3 layers together without slippage that will look like sh**). Anyone seen any quilted synthetic leather in the right tone?

Thanx
Old 11-18-2017, 11:01 AM   #12
Home of Vortex tuning

2013 27' FB Eddie Bauer
Spearfish , South Dakota
I would look to a custom setup rather than what is available from the factory.
I'm not a fan of ultra leather, those bottom panels of the seating cushion is tearing around the velcro. I always try to gently pry off, working my fingers into the velcro to do so.
Boat foam over upholstery foam for more support without sitting through the cushion.