Old 03-08-2009, 12:54 PM   #15
1972 Travelux Princess 25

Cobourg , Ontario
Not to knock my own country but if you think the medical system in Canada is perfect think again. People die in our emergency rooms waiting for a doctor. A few months ago a man bled to death after waiting 14 hours for a doctor. Then laid on the floor dead for 10 hours before the staff took notice. This caused a bit of a scandal. It was in the papers for a few days then blew over. It's not like it hasn't happened before.

I recently was lucky enough to get a family doctor, but there are over 5000 people in this county alone who aren't so lucky. In the last 20 years I have had a family doctor for less than 5 years.

So, as far as medical care goes you are probably as well off where you are. The only difference is we don't get whopping big bills. We pay whopping big taxes instead.

And of course, if you have good medical insurance you are way better off in the states.In Canada you have no choice, there is only one system and everyone belongs to it, doctors and patients alike. There is no way for either to opt out.

And in view of the shortage of doctors and the huge amount of tax dollars we are spending to support an overloaded system, the last thing we need is more foreigners coming here to freeload.

Old 03-08-2009, 03:10 PM   #16
Rivet Master

Singles ad

Elegant, educated, mature lady with nice figure, and pretty face,
good job, new house. Loves to laugh, drink beer, and fish on my bass boat. Looking for serious relationship with serious minded man.

Please send picture of boat.

Old 03-08-2009, 07:01 PM   #17
Still wears a thong

loaner

I'll loan you Mr. Tin Hut for the summer.
Old 03-08-2009, 07:12 PM   #18
Rivet Master

2005 28' International CCD
Pagosa Springs , Colorado
you had me at "Wow"

[quote=Media DV8;674272]Wow -

Can you cook? I'll join you for the summer. I don't have a mullet and you didn't say anthing about wearin' tank tops. I can be your Message in a (beer) Bottle feller.

Tin Hut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2009, 07:48 PM   #19
2 Rivet Member

2006 19' Safari SE
Southern Pines , North Carolina
Hey, great letter. I'm a sometime employed writer and would love to keep up with your quest. There's a book in there somewhere. Would you stay in touch and let me know how it goes..... Cooter
Old 03-08-2009, 10:37 PM   #20
Rivet Master

1975 Argosy 24
Collierville , Tennessee
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ganaraska View Post
Not to knock my own country but if you think the medical system in Canada is perfect think again. People die in our emergency rooms waiting for a doctor. A few months ago a man bled to death after waiting 14 hours for a doctor. Then laid on the floor dead for 10 hours before the staff took notice. This caused a bit of a scandal. It was in the papers for a few days then blew over. It's not like it hasn't happened before.

I recently was lucky enough to get a family doctor, but there are over 5000 people in this county alone who aren't so lucky. In the last 20 years I have had a family doctor for less than 5 years.

So, as far as medical care goes you are probably as well off where you are. The only difference is we don't get whopping big bills. We pay whopping big taxes instead.

And of course, if you have good medical insurance you are way better off in the states.In Canada you have no choice, there is only one system and everyone belongs to it, doctors and patients alike. There is no way for either to opt out.

And in view of the shortage of doctors and the huge amount of tax dollars we are spending to support an overloaded system, the last thing we need is more foreigners coming here to freeload.
Waiting for Gene to explain how this is a big myth perpetuated by insurance companies.

Media DV8 good luck in Canada or Europe. Best of luck, break a leg, don't take any wooden nickels.

I never learned from a man who agreed with me.
Heinlein
mrmossyone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2009, 11:02 PM   #21
3 Rivet Member

2008 16' Bambi
New York , New York
Buy a trailer and show up at a rally!
My intention was to get an Airstream because I love them, but got a bonus with my trailer, a man.
I suggest you stop with this life plan, get a trailer and start enjoying life.
i also suggest you switch to red wine.
Old 03-09-2009, 07:02 AM   #22
CLOUDSPLITTER "Tahawas"

2003 25' Classic
Zanadude Nebula , WNY
Quote:
Originally Posted by ITsIT View Post
Buy a trailer and show up at a rally!
Yep.....Better fishing with good bait.

ďAfter all these years the reason I continue to love Thanksgiving.....I still sit at the kids table.Ē
RLC

Sandra wanted to go to Cleveland on vacation,
but Iím the Husband, so we went to Cleveland.
RLC
ROBERT CROSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2009, 11:01 AM   #23
Rivet Master

2008 25' Safari FB SE
Grand Junction , Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmossyone View Post
Waiting for Gene to explain how this is a big myth perpetuated by insurance companies.
I've talked to a lot of Canadians about that and Ganaraska is the first one with a different story.

Now back to the topic.

Gene
Old 03-09-2009, 11:51 AM   #24
1972 Travelux Princess 25

Cobourg , Ontario
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrawfordGene View Post
I've talked to a lot of Canadians about that and Ganaraska is the first one with a different story.

Now back to the topic.

Gene
You need to read some Canadian news.

Officials probe Winnipeg man's death after 34-hour ER wait

http://www.cbc.ca/canada/manitoba/st...h.html?ref=rss

CBC = Canadian Broadcasting Corporation, the Canadian government owned network. This is not some conspiracy nut website.
http://ago.mobile.globeandmail.com/g...ergency03.html

Please do not come to Canada for "free" health care. Almost half our Provincial taxes go to health care and we can't afford to take care of our own people.

I didn't mean to jack the thread. I just want the facts known. Will stop now.
Old 03-09-2009, 01:34 PM   #25
Rivet Master

Southwestern , Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ganaraska View Post
And, I never had a girlfriend from Jupiter.
By golly, you're right! After hearing all these years that "Men are from Mars, women are from Venus", here comes one from Jupiter!

DV8,

Seriously (as serious as it ever gets around here--which is not very), welcome to the forums! There are a lot of decent folks here and you might very well meet a "keeper". Your "chardonnay induced desperation" may prove to be a very good move in the long run.

Best regards,
Nuvi
Old 03-09-2009, 02:06 PM   #26
Rivet Master

2004 30' Classic
Field and Stream , PA & MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Media DV8 View Post
However, the 'wicked cool old house with the detached garage and airstream' is NOT negotiable. AND....either scenario HAS to occur somewhere NORTH of Florida, in Canada, ...
Ciao!
I have a friend in Canada who's looking for someone to go out to the garage and warm up his truck before he has to leave for work.

At 5:00 am.

John
Old 03-09-2009, 05:26 PM   #27
4 Rivet Member

1963 24' Tradewind
San Diego , California
Hang in there have a and a or you want. Don't you are young and sound like fuuun. I'm sure with time and patience you will have no problemI'm sure that will put a on your face. Be careful alot of men are, well you might say , and by all means don't the goods away!! is right around the corner just take control you little . all this makes me want to . I have to go now, so until next time
Old 03-09-2009, 06:30 PM   #28
1 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
Poway , California
As a few others have suggested, perhaps a singles column is in order here... for Airstream enthusiasts only though.

I have the house, the family, and the man. The sad part is that my man hates traveling so much that the thought of doing it in a "trailer" makes him cringe. Whenever I talk about having found an Airstream I might be interested in looking at further, he starts up with the "trailer trash" comments. It's not very nice.

My kids would love to hit the road with me. And I'd love to ditch this big house that never stays the right temperature. Home is a comfortable bed and love right?

I hope you find what you're looking for and I hope you see it when you do.

Tags
singles