Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > Airstream Lifestyle
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 07-14-2013, 06:08 PM   #1
3 Rivet Member

1992 34' Limited
Grand Island , Nebraska
Happy Trails to You

Since I have sold my 34' Limited I don't know if this will be my final post or not, but I want to write this before I get occupied with things and forget to do it. Thanks to this site I sold both my Airstreams. I sold my 1969 International in 1999 after purchasing the 1992 Limited. It might be of interest to note that both units were purchased by out of state buyers sight unseen.

I had very mixed feelings about selling the Airstream. I bought our first Airstream, a 1969 International 31 foot, in 1983 and the 1992 Limited in 1999. We had many good trips and countless happy experiences in both units. I have always been concerned that I'd make the mistake of some other seniors and continue to tow when age made it unwise to continue. I am now 78 years old and I believe I may have reached that point. I probably could have stretched things another couple of years as I actually did a better job of driving with the trailer in tow than when I'm driving solo, but we've moved back to Nebraska where our children live, thus removing one of the primary reasons for having the trailer. Also, my physical condition makes it extremely difficult to do the prep and maintenance necessary for a trip. I got 'er done, but it took a great deal of the vacation time to recover from my aches and pain. If I'd known I'd live so long I'd have taken better care of myself!

The buyer of the Limited asked me to deliver it to Estes Park, Colorado. I completed delivery and the paper work on July 1st. He seemed quite satisfied with the trailer and I was happy to get my asking price plus some delivery expenses. We were able to visit most of our siblings while in the front range so it was a good multi-purpose trip.

Bottom line – For the first time in thirty years we are trailerless and thus, while I'll probably check Air Forums occasionally, my need for it has ended. Thanks for good advice on many subjects. You have saved me many, many dollars and a lot of aggravation during my time here.

Gene Arnold

P.S. “When you get to the end of life's road will you be where you expected to be?”

“And this is what God has testified: He has given us eternal life, and this life is in his Son. So whoever has God's Son has life; whoever does not have his Son does not have life.” 1 John 5:11-12 NLT
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2005 Summer 005.jpg
Views:	141
Size:	506.4 KB
ID:	190921   Click image for larger version

Name:	Truck and Trailer Resized.jpg
Views:	133
Size:	306.3 KB
ID:	190922  

Old 07-14-2013, 06:32 PM   #2
Rivet Master

2012 27' Flying Cloud
W , New England
Well that's a lovely goodbye note and one terrific looking trailer. You should stick around anyway, I'm sure there's tons rookies like me can learn from you.

Besides, you might snag yourself an Airstream motor home product someday :-)
SteveSueMac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2013, 06:47 PM   #3
Rivet Master

2011 34' Classic
Westchester Cty.NY , / Miami FL
i hope you'll at least stop by in the winter. you might want to thaw out in front of a warm computer :-)
Ingrid-my unofficial '"World's Oldest Streamer" 1909-2008 R.I.P.
richinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2013, 06:59 PM   #4
3 Rivet Member

1995 34' Excella
Dalton , Georgia
Gene,

It sounds like you had a wonderful time as an Airstreamer. We are relatively new Airstreamers ourselves,and I just hope we are blessed with many years in our Coach. May God continue to bless you and your family in all your endeavors.
WBCCI # 7096
falcon-N-Air is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2013, 07:05 PM   #5
Rivet Master
Commercial Member

1993 34' Excella
York , South Carolina
Gene, thanks for the inspiration.

Enjoy the next chapter of your book.

John
WBCCI #268 Palmetto State Airstream Club 22
Region 3 Past President....come with us, you will like it.

Go often to the house of a friend, for weeds choke the unused path........Emerson

Are you kind?..... Uncle John's Band
sandlapper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2013, 07:12 PM   #6
Rivet Master

1978 31' Excella 500
Genoa , Nevada
Hmm, just because you're aluminum short doesn't mean you can't be part of the Force, help keep The Mother Ship on course with your experience.

NevadaGeo
NevadaGeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 04:20 PM   #7
1 Rivet Member

2008 20' Safari SE
Mechanicville , New York
God bless you Gene. Thank you for sharing your AS story, my husband and I are new AS owners, we did not do camping before we don't even have any towing experience and yet we bought an AS. We're so enjoying our unit and been building precious memories with our kids ever since we got it. Your story is very encouraging. God bless!
Safari2008 is offline   Reply With Quote