Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > Our Community
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 06-06-2007, 07:47 PM   #561
Retired.

Currently Looking...
. , At Large
I can try to retrieve them, although I don't think it will do any good. (CD's? Nobody here knows anything about them) I may just write it off to the whole fiasco, it may be better for my blood pressure in the long run. I know I can get replacements for the ones I purchased from forums members who are musicians, they are the ones I was most upset over. My Beatles and Hollies CD's I can pick up at any pawn shop, but how many times have you seen a Humphrey and Hartman CD, or an Essence of Sage CD, in a pawn shop?
I remember the email confirmation I got from one of the CD's I purchased, it read "The entire staff left their offices, and cheered in unison as your new CD was lovingly placed in a Priority Mail box for careful shipment by the USPS to your home"
Old 06-07-2007, 08:07 AM   #562
Patriotic

1973 23' Safari
North of Boston , Massachusetts
Oh, well. If nothing else, its at least another 2000 bucks of charitable donations to write off.

with all the medical bills, (and associated expenses, don't forget!), you won't be paying taxes for a long time.
'00 Dodge Ram 1500 4x4 QC
Chuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2007, 11:59 AM   #563
Retired.

Currently Looking...
. , At Large
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck
Oh, well. If nothing else, its at least another 2000 bucks of charitable donations to write off.

with all the medical bills, (and associated expenses, don't forget!), you won't be paying taxes for a long time.
I wish I could carry over the credit to next year. I'll check, but I'm pretty sure it's only for the year you make the donation.
Salvation Army of course knew nothing about the CD's, but I have good news...
The local Airstream dealer has agreed to install my new Batwing on Bertha for $47, not bad if they can do it for that figure.
Old 06-07-2007, 01:43 PM   #564

1968 17' Caravel
Battle Ground , Washington
Quote:
Originally Posted by overlander63
I remember the email confirmation I got from one of the CD's I purchased, it read "The entire staff left their offices, and cheered in unison as your new CD was lovingly placed in a Priority Mail box for careful shipment by the USPS to your home"
That sounds like "CD Baby", the source for all kinds of non-mainstream cool music! We got a huge kick out of it, I remember passing the confirmation around the office

Stefrobrts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2007, 02:45 PM   #565
Rivet Master

2009 27' FB Flying Cloud
1982 31' International
1991 35' Airstream 350
Jay , Oklahoma
Just saw the crewboss posts. I was an engine boss, and then found the COMT and COML gigs, and then got fat and lazy. Good to hear your on the mend.

jdalrymple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2007, 09:20 AM   #566
Retired.

Currently Looking...
. , At Large
Among the gainfully employed again

As of July 2, I will be again joining the local workforce. I was offered a job basically finding out what I can still do, and how long it will take me to do it. It's good to feel useful again, even though it means I will be spending less time on the forums. Late next week I will be moving my equipment over to the new "salt mine" in preparation for the resumption of my career. The owner of the business is willing to allow me to perform whatever work I am able to do, as long as I become a mentor/trainer for the kids there. "Kids" is relative, I think the youngest is 28...
I'll probably specialize, no more mounting truck tires for me.
Old 06-18-2007, 10:21 AM   #567
Rivet Master

1956 22' Safari
2015 27' Flying Cloud
Vintage Kin Owner
Conifer/Evergreen , Colorado
Congratulations!

I think...just when you were getting used to this "retirement" stuff...ha! No more loafing around for you ~ yeah, right!

Seriously, this is terrific news, way to go!!! Less than 6 months...who woulda thunk it!?

Shari
WBCCI #1824 - DenCO Unit Past President (2005)
AIR #30 - Join Date: 2-25-2002

RMVAC | ACI - CO Unit (Formerly WBCCI) | BIRDY - our 1956 Safari | 1964 Serro Scotty
InsideOut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2007, 10:43 AM   #568
Retired.

Currently Looking...
. , At Large
Quote:
Originally Posted by InsideOut
I think...just when you were getting used to this "retirement" stuff...ha! No more loafing around for you ~ yeah, right!

I can tell you retirement is not for me, at least not the sitting around loafing part. I tend to attack things at a dead run, and drag everyone else along in the swirling vortex of my wake...
I sat, as the doctor ordered, until the day the doctor said I could start performing normal activities again. At that point, it was a matter of slowly increasing my activity level until it approached normal. At least, normal for normal people, though still sluggish from my prespective. I have progressed to the point where I can walk briskly without limping, at least until I get tired, and can even put on my own socks and shoes without asistance. That may seem like a minor thing, but for someone with as many bent and broken bones as I had, it is a major feat. I still have to sleep on a wedge pillow (propped up from the waist up), or my back wakes me up after only a few hours in bed. That is also supposed to diminish as time goes on.
I can now also climb and descend stairs in a normal manner, instead of up one step, and dragging my other foot up or down to join the first one.
Old 06-18-2007, 10:48 AM   #569
Rivet Master

1979 23' Safari
1954 29' Liner
Orange , California
Terry,

Your recovery is fantastic, congratulations.

Bill
Bill Kerfoot, WBCCI/VAC/CAC/El Camino Real Unit #5223
Just my personal opinion
1973 Dodge W200 PowerWagon, 1977 Lincoln Continental, 2014 Dodge Durango
1979 23' Safari, and 1954 29' Double Door Liner Orange, CA

https://billbethsblog.blogspot.com/
wkerfoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2007, 09:33 PM   #570
4 Rivet Member

1975 25' Tradewind
, Michigan
Send a message via AIM to eikel1we
Congratulations and best wishes on the start of yet another adventure for you Terry.

sue
2004 GMC Yukon XL 2500
Michigan - "middle of the mitt"
eikel1we is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2007, 08:31 PM   #571
3 Rivet Member

1963 26' Overlander
Cleveland , Georgia
Uber healing! Sounds great! You'll be back in the Ultimate Fighting Championship circuit berfore you know it.

Don't over do....and don't under do.

Again...Great to hear the good word!

Some days you're the windshield,
Some days you're the bug!

"Life's a garden, dig it" Joe Dirt
bigeasy63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2007, 06:26 AM   #572
2 Rivet Member

senoia , Georgia
best wishes on the new job!!!!
katkat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2007, 09:20 AM   #573
Rivet Master

1984 31' Airstream310
Central , Ohio
Terry, that is absolutely amazing! You have some incredible recuperative powers!

Best of luck with the new "job" and with progressing as quickly and well with your physical situation as you have been!

Susan

1984 310 Limited Motor Home "The Rockin' A"
Alumatube is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2007, 05:42 AM   #574
Rivet Master

1958 22' Flying Cloud
1956 30' Sovereign of the Road
1963 16' Bambi
Southeastern Area , Tennessee
Terry, somehow I didn't see you receding submissively into retirement. Congrats on your new lease on life and the continuation of your career. You are the MAN!
Old 06-25-2007, 08:19 AM   #575
Retired.

Currently Looking...
. , At Large
Thanks for all the well wishes. I rode my bicycle around the campground we were at last weekend, and was snapping pictures. I even managed to take a photo of my hand while riding...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Picture 281.jpg
Views:	87
Size:	55.7 KB
ID:	39847  
Old 06-25-2007, 08:46 AM   #576
Retired.

Currently Looking...
. , At Large
Thank you for your support

Before I go back to work, and no longer have a chance to do so, I thought I would take a moment, and thank everyone on the forums for their help and support during my misadventure. I know most of you (and me) don't like a big fuss made when they help someone, so I won't single anyone out for special attention, but know your help, whether it was an e-card or a PayPal deposit, was greatly appreciated.

In the manner of many novels I had read, and movies I have viewed, I thought I would depart by letting you know the final disposition of all the major participants in our drama:

Luis (the guy that ran me down) is currently in hiding in a foreign country, and has not been seen locally since shortly after the accident.

His Tahoe had to spend a couple of weeks in the body shop, and now sports a new hood, windshield, grill, and paint.

My scooter was given a salvage title, and sold for scrap shortly before we moved from our house. It currently resides in a salvage yard in Fort Myers, awaiting its fate.

Marie is doing well, although her knee is giving her problems. She will no longer be able to do floor work as a nurse, as some of the tasks involve knee-intensive work, such as pushing heavy medcarts, beds, and patients. She is strongly considering a position with Hospice.

Goliath is curently residing back in North Carolina near his original home, with his new family, and seems happy being brought out of semi-retirement.

Dr, Dipasquale (surgeon that put me back together) was involved in a karate accident, and is limping around with a broken leg. He is expected to make a full recovery.

Moose (our tow vehicle) has been traded in on a newer model, with less aftermarket performance parts. Moose is currently for sale, if anybody wants a 1986 F250 turbo diesel with dual gear vendors type auxilliary transmissions, PM me, and I'll put you in touch with the place that is offering him for sale.

Cookie the Wonderdog is more spoiled than ever, after my being home with her for the last 5 months or so. I disavow all knowledge of how she got more spoiled.

My former employer is feeling pretty foolish, as the guy he laid me off to hire, summarily quit, leaving him with no competent help.

And I am continuing to improve, I am back to about 80% of where I was before the accident. I will probably never be 100% again, but will do my best to get as close to that as I can. For those of you that keep track of these things, it will be 5 months, and 13 days, from the date of the accident, until I return to work.

We are still planning to full-time beginning this fall, probably going to North Florida for our first winter in our new trailer, Bertha. We will be updating our travel plans here on the forums as we decide where we will be staying, and what we will be doing.
North America is a big place. I guess we'll do our best to see what's out there.

Terry
overlander63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2007, 08:53 AM   #577
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
West of Fort Worth , Texas
Terry, thanks for the update, it's great to see you get back to 85% and still working to improve. It could have been so much worse.
Your positive attitude has been evident through this, so often we see otherwise. You've been an inspiration to many here. Thank you.
Dave
Fyrzowt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2007, 08:59 AM   #578
Rivet Master

1964 22' Safari
SACRAMENTO , California
Hi Terry,

Thnx for keeping us up to date with your recovery and am glad you are getting back to 80%!!!!.. hope Marie's knees get better and that she will be able to ease into her new prospective position..sorry to hear about the scooter and more sorry to hear that the guy is gone..when ever you start your travel plans out our way, please let us know!
codybear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2007, 02:05 PM   #579
Rivet Master

2016 25' Flying Cloud
Sunnyvale , California
Send a message via AIM to Condoluminum
Terry and Marie-

Thanks for all the updates, and the "wrap-up" above... We are so glad to see some forms of happier ending than the worst-case scenarios we were reading about last spring... Best of luck to you both as you redesign work and life and work-life balances...

I had a great boss once who used to remind me that some events in life are "character building" and some are "character revealing", and one of my jobs was to try and remember which was which.. I hope none of us has to endure a similar set of experiences, but you have been an inspiration to many of us in the way you have handled this very large dump truck load of "lemons" handed to you...

John McG

In Theory, there's no difference between Theory and Practice, but in Practice, there is usually a difference...
Condoluminum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2007, 02:17 PM   #580
Retired.

Currently Looking...
. , At Large
Quote:
Originally Posted by Condoluminum
I hope none of us has to endure a similar set of experiences, but you have been an inspiration to many of us in the way you have handled this very large dump truck load of "lemons" handed to you...

John McG
I currently have a swimming pool filled with lemonade...At least, I think it's lemonade...Whatever it is, it's yellow...