Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-31-2007, 05:54 PM   #541
Retired.

Currently Looking...
. , At Large
Quote:
Originally Posted by lewster
Hey Terry,

While staying 'off the roof' as instructed, will you will also stay 'out from under too?
He told me no ladders, but I am cleared to perform most other activities, including welding the frame on our trailer.
Now I need to make a decision as to whether I want to return to mechanicking, or maybe something less physically strenuous. We are still planning to fulltime, now I just need to decide what I want to do with the rest of my working life. I have been tentatively offered a teaching position, but that will mean no fulltiming. This is a choice I was not ready to consider for several more months, and was caught off guard. Not that I'm complaining, I like this kind of surprise.
Old 05-31-2007, 07:40 PM   #542
Rivet Master

2016 25' Flying Cloud
Sunnyvale , California
Send a message via AIM to Condoluminum
Thank goodness...

Terry & Marie-

As one of hundreds following progress, I'm so happy to hear of good results so far, both for crash damage and eye surgeries.. Even those of us not posting here regularly are doing our thing with prayers and good thoughts on regular basis! Congratulations for being "fast healer" seem odd, but it is great news to hear that mobility and visibility are returning...

Best of luck with choices on next chapter of life as well, as sometimes doors open when not expected, or the "wrong" door opens... I'm sure I speak for many when I say we hope you find some peace and comfort over the next few years, after the prior ordeals are put behind you...

John McG

In Theory, there's no difference between Theory and Practice, but in Practice, there is usually a difference...
Condoluminum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2007, 07:41 PM   #543
4 Rivet Member

1977 31' Sovereign
Miami , Florida
Terry, I have been reading this thread all along. Wow! what a saga. I am thrilled to hear about your progress. I ride scooters and motorcycles myself and often think about you when I am putting on my helmet and gear. I have allot of financial responsibility with my own business, kids mortgage etc. Your journey helps keep it real for me. I really admire the spirit and will that you have exhibited through your journey. Keep your chin up and enjoy the ride!
Phil Gobie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2007, 09:01 PM   #544
Rivet Master

1995 30' Limited
Ashland , Missouri
What good news to share! So happy for both of you ~G
Chev Silverado 2500HD Duramax/Allison, 4X4, Crew Cab
WBCCI #5013 AIR #2908
WDCU
Go, Mizzou...Tigers on the prowl!
maxandgeorgia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2007, 01:11 PM   #545
Retired.

Currently Looking...
. , At Large
Quote:
Originally Posted by CanoeStream
Congrats Terry -- have you gotten any fireboss offers for the Everglades or Georgia border yet? Just - Say - No.
I wouldn't be able to keep a crew, I'm too tough on 'em.(Whattya mean, yer falling asleep at the shovel! You've only been at this for 72 hours so far! Wuss! Get back out there!)
I missed your post yesterday, Bob, sorry...
Old 06-01-2007, 01:15 PM   #546
Retired.

Currently Looking...
. , At Large
No good news goes unpunished...:(

I went into the hospital this morning to get the clot filter removed. They did an ultrasound on the area, and found that the clot is still right where it was! So, no removing the filter for the near futurel. I will have to have it checked again when I go for my next checkup. But at least I'm walking...
Old 06-01-2007, 03:23 PM   #547

1968 17' Caravel
Battle Ground , Washington
At least they can do ultrasounds instead of finding out the hard way! Hang in there man!

Stefrobrts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2007, 03:50 PM   #548
Rivet Master

1974 31' Sovereign
Colfax , North Carolina
Hi all,

What great news. I feel so proud of Terry and his progress. The Doctors could not believe how great he is doing. They kept re-checking the surgery date and were totally amazed. They think of him as their medical marvel.

The filter does not concern me, nor does the clot because if it breaks loose the filter will collect it.

It feels like a weight has been lifted from our shoulders, and we still plan on full timing. I just want the 3 of us to get out there and see as many of you as we can to be able to thank you in person for all of your prayers, thoughts and other help.

Marie
Old 06-01-2007, 03:59 PM   #549
Site Team

2002 25' Safari
Dewey , Arizona
It is great that things are working out well for the two of you. If you should ever get to the Phoenix area, give me a shout. We can have a little get together, Four Corners Style!

Richard

Wally Byam Airstream Club 7513
azflycaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2007, 04:18 PM   #550
Rivet Master

1974 31' Sovereign
Colfax , North Carolina
Oh, I almost forgot. The salvation army called me yesterday morning when we were driving to Tampa to inform me the back porch was "a mile from the truck" and they didn't think they could take everything. I told them "Oh no you said you would so take it".

We figured they left most of it, but when we got home I went over and sure enough they took everything. Or someone stole it. I say send the thief a thank you card!!!!!

Thank God that is done. Now just have to finish getting the rest of the stuff we want to keep and then finish cleaning, and we will be done Sunday PM.

I can't wait.

Marie
Old 06-02-2007, 07:14 AM   #551
Retired.

Currently Looking...
. , At Large
Day 2 of hurricane season, did I say we live on a lake?

As predicted, we now have a tropical storm (barry) milling around in the Gulf, headed more or less our way. High winds, lots of rain are going to make our moving of our remaining stuff this weekend problematic at best. We have had 3 inches of rain so far, and the water level in the lake by our back door has risen about two feet. I guess we cheesed off the weather gods at some point .
Old 06-02-2007, 07:21 AM   #552
Naysayer

1968 24' Tradewind
Russellville , earth
Quote:
Originally Posted by overlander63
We have had 3 inches of rain so far, and the water level in the lake by our back door has risen about two feet. I guess we cheesed off the weather gods at some point .
I'm at my mom and step fathers farm in middle TN right now. They are 13 inches (yes that is right) behind on rain. Send all of that water you don't need this way. Glad to hear you are doing well Terry.

Visit my photography and painting website
https://rooseveltfineart.com
Instagram is r.w.roosevelt

Boondocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2007, 07:31 AM   #553
Site Team

2002 25' Safari
Dewey , Arizona
June is the dryest month of the year here in Phoenix. We average 0.09 inches of rain in June. For the year we get almost 8 inches total.

Richard

Wally Byam Airstream Club 7513
azflycaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2007, 07:51 AM   #554
Retired.

Currently Looking...
. , At Large
Quote:
Originally Posted by azflycaster
June is the dryest month of the year here in Phoenix. We average 0.09 inches of rain in June. For the year we get almost 8 inches total.
May is the driest month here, and June is the wettest. We average about .1" of rain in May, and around 20" in June. At least the weather waited until June1 to start raining, we don't want to change our average for May...
Old 06-04-2007, 05:25 PM   #555
Rivet Master

1974 31' Sovereign
Colfax , North Carolina
Good evening,

Salvation army came through and took everything except a couple of small things. We piled old clothes, odd tables etc up for the trash man yesterday evening, and when we went back this morning, the pile was very much smaller. I'm glad someone could use it! The mirowave was the only thing left and Tery took it to the young couple we sold the bedroom set and tv to and they were thrilled to get it. She said she would give her old one to someone who didn't have one. Good girl.
The house is completely done. And we are in the mobile home with our friend.
Thanks to all of your of your thoughts, prayers and help. You are all very special people.
Eyesight is great and they are starting PT on my knees Wednesday.

Marie
Old 06-04-2007, 06:25 PM   #556

1968 17' Caravel
Battle Ground , Washington
Glad to hear progress is good. Isn't it kind of nice to lighten your load of 'stuff' - Just have what you need. We think of you guys all the time, so good on ya!

Stefrobrts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2007, 12:41 PM   #557
Retired.

Currently Looking...
. , At Large
I am now walking completely unassisted, a good thing because I can't find my cane... I have exercises to do to strengthen the muscles in my leg that have withered from non-use, or were cut in surgery. So, no more physical therapy, now we can look at what happened to my hands. I have three fingers that don't flex like they should, we will be doing occupational therapy on them (exercises, like squeezing a rubber ball, etc). With any luck they will start working again,. We didn't want to pursue the hand issue until I ditched the walking aids, in case surgery was required. I wouldn't be able to hold a cane with casts on my hands, but it seems to be a non-issue.
Now for some other news, I am not sure if it's good or bad... When Marie parked everything on the back porch for Salvation Army to pick up, she didn't realize the picnic coolers were filled with my CD collection...nearly 1000 CD's are now gone forever. I realized this when I looked for them to copy the music to our Ipod, and couldn't find them. With any luck, that will be the worst discovery we make, although the brand-new bracket for the TV to mount in Bertha is MIA also...
At least we don't have to find a place to store the CD's now...
Old 06-06-2007, 05:44 PM   #558
Rivet Master

1958 22' Flying Cloud
1956 30' Sovereign of the Road
1963 16' Bambi
Southeastern Area , Tennessee
Quote:
Originally Posted by overlander63
I am now walking completely unassisted, a good thing because I can't find my cane...
. . . Now for some other news, I am not sure if it's good or bad... When Marie parked everything on the back porch for Salvation Army to pick up, she didn't realize the picnic coolers were filled with my CD collection...nearly 1000 CD's are now gone forever. . . .
WooHOO! The cane is gone. . . literally! But being able to do without it is WONDERFUL news. You are the poster child for pelvic fracture recovery.

Bummer about the CDs That's a heck of a lot of tunes, I'm sorry to hear that. Any hope of retrieving them with a phone call? I mean, honestly, a cooler full of CDs is bound to stand out in someone's mind.
Old 06-06-2007, 05:48 PM   #559
Rivet Master

1956 22' Safari
2015 27' Flying Cloud
Vintage Kin Owner
Conifer/Evergreen , Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugarfoot
Bummer about the CDs That's a heck of a lot of tunes, I'm sorry to hear that. Any hope of retrieving them with a phone call? I mean, honestly, a cooler full of CDs is bound to stand out in someone's mind.
Either that or go to the Salvation Army store and buy your favorites back (or at least some of them) at the "used" price rather than try to replace them all with new....you know they will have a good selection of CDs you like!

Shari
WBCCI #1824 - DenCO Unit Past President (2005)
AIR #30 - Join Date: 2-25-2002

RMVAC | ACI - CO Unit (Formerly WBCCI) | BIRDY - our 1956 Safari | 1964 Serro Scotty
InsideOut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2007, 07:40 PM   #560
2 Rivet Member

senoia , Georgia
Im glad you're getting better! That's a really huge bummer about the CDs though. If you travel up to N.C. you've gotta come to the Smithfield KOA! Guess who's there.....
katkat is offline   Reply With Quote