Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-23-2014, 10:38 AM   #1
3 Rivet Member

2007 27' Safari FB SE
La Pine , Oregon
Wanted 2004-2007 Airstream

Let me start out by saying I'm interested in purchasing a 25', 2004-2007 Airstream that is in good condition.

That said, I'm wondering if anyone out there has had any dealings with A to Z Motors?

They appear to be purchasing used Airstreams from all around the US and then listing them for sale - principally on RV Trader. (One of the listings on their web site says they have for sale an AS in transit from Massachusetts - A to Z is located in California.)

There is a 2004 International 25SS for sale in the AS classifieds. Sent an e-mail to the seller, called and left a message and never got any response. Then while further researching Airstreams noticed what appears to be the exact same 2004 International 25SS on the A to Z web site for sale (at a price $4K more than that listed here in the AS Classifieds).

I went to A to Z's website and it appears to be a bare bones operation. The only way to get additional information is via RV Trader where they provide typically 7-9 photos and very little other information (guess they figure it's easier to have RV Trader do their work for them). They provide one photo of each unit for sale on their web site and little other information other than the model and year.

I called the individual who has the current listing in the AS Classifieds again last night (left a message) and again this morning. Spoke with them this AM and was told the unit had been sold last week (to A to Z Motors?). The A to Z Motors' web site has the same year and model listed (one photo and no information). They also have the listing in RV Trader - listing has what appear to be exactly the same photos as the poster has here in the AS Classifieds (listing still appears for sale here in the AS Classifieds). The A to Z web site says this unit is "Arriving Soon".

I personally would rather purchase from an individual or an AS dealer rather than a third party that appears to have limited or no capability to fully evaluate, service, or repair the units they're selling.

(I might add that I telephoned another poster in the AS Classifieds last night as well, left a message, sent an e-mail, and as yet have not heard back.)
andyherman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2014, 01:34 PM   #2
1 Rivet Member

2008 23' Safari FB SE
Auburn , California
Almost an owner!

I am a newbie here, this being my first post. I wanted to fill you in with our experience with A to Z Motors. We had been looking for a used AS and saw their ad on RV Trader. They are located on our route to our daughter's house, so we decided to stop in and see what they had. I tried to find them on Google Maps, but we had no luck. I was expecting to see an actual dealership, but the map,lead us out in the country with no businesses that we could see. I called the number listed and Vince, the owner, answered and gave me directions. It turns out that he has a large property in the walnut groves and there is no sign advertising his business. But once we got there we were in used Airstream heaven! Vince is very low-key and not pushy at all. He let us look at the trailers on our own and was available to answer questions. He had about 8 or 9 trailers there on our first visit. He is located about an hour from where we live, so we ended up going back 3 or 4 more times before we decided on which AS we wanted. He encouraged us to test drive any AS we were interested in. By our last visit he had about 18 Airstreams! We ended up getting the 2008 23 ft Safari and we will be picking it up in 2 weeks. Vince and his employee, John will be doing some repairs and detailing it before we take possession. Vince is very knowledgeable about the Airstreams and was very open about pointing out any repairs needed. I know the website looks a little barebones, it's just he and his wife keeping it up, but now that I have been to his business in person, I would not hesitate to recommend you doing business with him.
Gail C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2014, 10:35 PM   #3
lucca53

1973 31' Excella 500
2004 22' Safari
2006 25' Safari
napa , California
I 2 am working with Vince to find me a 22 footer looking for a smaller airstream have a 31 foot 1973 will keep 31 footer home will travel with smaller and much newer one.Vince just loves Airstreams seems to know a lot about them he can afford them and has a great property to house all his streams,check him out I think you will like him...

Sent from my iPad using Airstream Forums
lucca53 is offline   Reply With Quote