Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > Our Community
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 04-30-2004, 01:03 AM   #1
4 Rivet Member

I sold my house

Well, I put my house up for sale and ended up selling it in three days. I was no where near prepared to sell in that quickly and the buyer wants a quick close.

I am in the process of having an architect design a new house and then I am going to start construction. In the meantime, I am going to use my Airstream as my permanent home.

The adventures are just starting. More details to follow as I get situated in.
joshua32064 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2004, 01:15 AM   #2
3 Rivet Member

1974 31' Sovereign
Texarkana , Arkansas
Good luck!! Where are you planning on relocating? Are you leaving AZ??
Old 04-30-2004, 05:46 AM   #3
2 Rivet Member

2004 28' International CCD
, Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by joshua32064
Well, I put my house up for sale and ended up selling it in three days. I was no where near prepared to sell in that quickly and the buyer wants a quick close.

I am in the process of having an architect design a new house and then I am going to start construction. In the meantime, I am going to use my Airstream as my permanent home.

The adventures are just starting. More details to follow as I get situated in.
Joshua,

Congrats!! Which is more exciting, selling your house in 3 days or getting to hang in your CCD?!?

Towhead
Towhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2004, 06:59 AM   #4
Rivet Master

2021 27' Globetrotter
Saint Louis , Missouri
Joshua,

Congratulations!

It would be interesting if you would post periodically what living in your A/S is like. I may be doing some work away from home for an extended period and was toying with the idea of using the A/S as my base, rather than a motel.

Thanks,

Dennis
cosmotini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2004, 07:02 AM   #5
Rivet Master

I once knew a family of four (plus 2 Goldens) that lived in their 25' for two years while they built their home... Through the winters of Colorado...

I think you can manage just fine so long as you get out once in awhile

Congrats!

X
67caravel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2004, 08:59 PM   #6
4 Rivet Member

I'm sorry that it has taken me a few days to post my reply. When I originally built the house which I just sold, my intention was to stay there for a long time. With that said, I just happened to stumble across this 5 acre piece of land that backs up into a mountain filled with glorious cactus and ocotillo. The lot was less than 10 minutes away from my current home. I had to buy the property.

Anyway, today I picked up my trailer from the storage lot and brought it to the new park. Things looked great and I set up my trailer. As soon as the moving company comes to pick up my things and put it into storage, I will take residence in the Airstream.

I will post some pictures and editorials in the next few weeks. I am excited about the experience and interested to see how it goes.

More to follow.
Old 05-01-2004, 09:12 PM   #7
Aluminut

2004 25' Safari
. , Illinois
Wow Josh....I bet you are glad you picked up that Airstream...not that you prob thought that at some time, it would be home for a while!

Congrats!

When are you having a rally at your new place?

Eric
Silvertwinkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2004, 10:04 PM   #8
4 Rivet Member

Once I move in, I'll plan the rally. Everyone visiting Tucson is more than welcome to stop by and say hello. From the way the park looks, there is plenty of room to stay for a night if you are passing through town.
Old 05-02-2004, 07:20 AM   #9
Moderator Emeritus

1972 31' Sovereign
High Springs , Florida
Send a message via AIM to Pick
Josh, I am in the process of doing the same thing. I have been in my Airstream for over 3 months down here in Florida. Ohio house closed on Friday. We are now "homeless" Our new house in Florida should be ready by midweek hopefully.

Spending 3 months in the Airstream was a blast. I really enjoyed it. I am now going to have separation anxiety. But, our new place is 5 acres, and we will have plenty of room to keep it at home.
Lots of Hot Sauce!
Air # 283
WBCCI 1350
Pick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2004, 07:52 AM   #10
3 Rivet Member

Congratulations!!

The real estate market is red hot around here too. My wife and fixed up a house and put a $5.00 classified ad in the paper last month. First person who saw the house ended up buying it! Then just last week my neighbor put his place with 3 acres up for sale and it was sold three hours later.

Just incredible. Putting up my house for sale, living in an Airstream and building another house is really tempting!!!

- Charlie