Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > Our Community
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 10-28-2005, 03:04 PM   #1
Rivet Master

1975 31' Sovereign
Oxford , Mississippi
Got the Tank.

Well folks just brought home our new tow truck and what a tank. It's a 2003 chevy 2500 4by4. I have dealt with dealers for the last 3 days and I was getting sick of it. Went to pick my son up at school yesterday and noticed a car dealership sticker on the back of a van that I had not called so came home pulled up there web site and found this truck. So here I go and call to talk to a salesman(dealership 100 miles away) This time I decided to be firm so I told the salesman if he could come in my price range for the truck I would bring cash to him today and he would make a sale it worked. But what he did'nt know I was melting as he told me all about the truck and what it had on it. All I could do as he was going through the sales pitch was dream of the perfect (silver bullett) behind it.
Thanks to the forum and my past post I had decided on an older truck but I never dreamed of finding one with 22k miles still under warrenty for under 20k tax and all. And on top of that the one owner was the sheriff in that town and per the car fax the oil has been changed at the dealer every 3000 miles and everything checked out great. Guess he just got tired of having to stop at the gas station all the time.
Sorry if it seems as though I'm bragging but i'm so glad we found a deal just hope we can on the search for the Airstream.
One reason I'm so happy about it is my husband is still wondering how we got it so cheap.

Becky
rebel beck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2005, 03:48 PM   #2
Aluminut

2004 25' Safari
. , Illinois
Congrats and enjoy....something about the 2500 line just seems to do it....having few worries.
Silvertwinkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2005, 04:10 PM   #3
Rivet Master

There is every reason to believe you will be pleased. I have a '04 2500 4X4 with crew cab, but even with the short bed it is loooooong! However, it is far easier to park than the '94 4x4 extended cab I traded for it.

I'm just now coming up on 32,000 miles, and have yet to have a single failure of any kind. In fact, I can't think of anything about it I don't like.

Mark
Old 10-28-2005, 06:13 PM   #4
Retired Moderator

1992 29' Excella
madison , Wisconsin
becky

please reply when you get the trailer behind it.

my 2500 is the best tow vehicle i have used. no more half tons for me!

john