Old 07-23-2003, 12:43 PM   #15
Rivet Master
1964 22' Safari
Elyria , Ohio
Send a message via Yahoo to silverhawk
In Responce

The man has money signs danceing around inside of his head. that seemed very clear to me. Let him go out and find a bunch of basket cases setting in weed fields somewhere,and fix them up.
The smile that comes to my mug when I see an obviously well cared for and restored vintage coach is worth a million bucks. I want those units traveling the roads of this great land where we can see and enjoy them.
As far as wakeing up, I am never more awake than when I am able to see these units on any given day, here.
This is only my opinion, I realize that, But it is a strong one.
I did like the thought of giveing this business to the company though. These units can be reprodused in whatever size and number this person wishes. The vintage Airstreams are a finite treasure that I hope can stay here.
Thanks, Bob

silverhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2003, 01:20 PM   #16
2 Rivet Member
Japan airstream

Looking at the photos on

I can see appreciation of airstreams is worldwide. Considering the trips Wally took, I am sure he would appreciate it.

I own Japanese art, antiques and cars. I also own German, English, French, Mexican, American Indian, Chinese, Indian, Thai, Russian, African, and Australian items. What a wonderful world we live in that we can share our art, culture and hobbies, and most of all American know how.

Repodog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2003, 05:02 PM   #17
Cartoon Character
2004 34' Classic
On The Road , U.S.A.
Great link, Repodog!
Porky Pig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2003, 05:25 PM   #18
Rivet Master
1992 30' Airstream 30
Santa Rosa , Northern California wine country
If I owned a trailer, I would not mind selling to whomever was willing to pay my exaggerated asking price for it.
Gosh, maybe someone should tell them that these units have no radiation shielding. Sorry...the current generation should not be categorized with the older.
I understand the point made about not seeing these A/S's stateside and wanting to keep them US. But money talks, bs walks, as in any business, and we must be good stewards of our God given investments and finances.
Besides, we are all brothers and sisters in this world, and if you ever want to see your old airstream again, Tokyo is a GREAT town! It would be a good excuse to travel. Just don't eat the blowfish
Astrodokk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2003, 08:20 AM   #19
1982 34' Limited
mire poix , midi pyrenees

Very interesting thread.

Well , yes, I know how some of you must feel, let start at the first questions.
There is for sure a few bad guys outhere, but lets not start a paranoia about exporting Airstreams, because it's only a very small majority.
I'm myself know lots of good people who import Airstreams, I'm one of them.
But I'm not a bisnessman, I love Airstreams and like giving people the experience of Airstreaming here in Europe, that's why I decided to make a campsite of Airstreams in France, the only one in Europe.
We talk about Airstream all the time and the people really like the USA style.
So we are hoping to have rallyes and things like you have.
Wally would be proud I hope.
But I do agree about big rich bisnessman buying lots and we never see them again....
But all the Airstreams I have bought are still very much in the Airstream world.
Bye for now

First European Airstream park
Perry is offline   Reply With Quote