Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > Our Community
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 09-17-2007, 01:03 PM   #21
4 Rivet Member

2008 27' International CCD FB
Mill Valley , California
Hey Dennis
How is the draw under the dinette seat mounted in your unit? (the short bench) Looks like our's may be mounted wrong. Seems like it should be set back flush to the bench leg. The side of the draw is the first thing you see when climbing into the unit. Looks a bit "unfinished"
Dennis
millvalleyca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2007, 06:34 PM   #22
Rivet Master

2021 27' Globetrotter
Saint Louis , Missouri
I don't recall. I'll be getting it this weekend and get some pics.
BRN #20321 Air #4056
"Oooh - They have the Internet on computers now!" - Homer Simpson
cosmotini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2007, 06:44 PM   #23
4 Rivet Member

2007 27' Safari FB SE
Tracy , California
Congratulations on your new baby. You made the right choice for all the reasons you mentioned. I couldn't imagine loving our unit as much if we had to sleep in the corner. The centered queen is what sold my wife. We don't have a problem with too much sun and we have the panoramic window in the bedroom. The tinted rock guards seem to keep things dark enough. They also allow lots of privacy as you cannot see in from outside during the day. Lots of fun watching people look at our unit when they don't know anybody is looking back at them. I do get too much light from the vent so I put a thermo cover on which keeps the bedroom dark enough.
altamont is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2007, 06:57 PM   #24
Rivet Master

2016 25' Flying Cloud
Sunnyvale , California
Send a message via AIM to Condoluminum
Congrats!

Congratulations on new trailer.. That 27' FB is one of the most lovable floorplans in the catalog...

Nobody said much about towing or handling or weight, but I think the differences are negligable... If you have a long tape measure, you may find the difference is less than 3' or even 2' from your old 25... Our 25 is almost 26' long, according to the Stanley people.. The 27 might be a few inches less than 27'...

And if you pull into a state or county park with limits and they ask, tell them confidently that it is a 25' long trailer.. They don't have tape measures, and will never know the difference...

In Theory, there's no difference between Theory and Practice, but in Practice, there is usually a difference...
Condoluminum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2007, 01:42 PM   #25
Rivet Master

1960 22' Safari
in the wilderness , The great Mojave Desert
It will be worth the cost and hassle just for the bathroom.

WBCCI 3344 FCU
AIR# 13896
CA 4

Yes, we have courtesy parking for you. About an hour North of Los Angeles.
Goin camping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2007, 01:58 PM   #26
4 Rivet Member

Mill Valley , California
You said it....the 25 SS bathroom was a joke.
For those of you have have the "cilantro" decor.....we found some storage containers at "The Container Store" in the exact same fabric as the throw pillows. (the circle pattern) lined up four of them in the upper storage unit above the dinette. (looks really nice). I'm also installing some draws in the large closet to make better use of the space. There's so much storage in this unit. We were able to pack everything from the 25SS in it and still have tons of storage left.
Old 09-26-2007, 10:10 AM   #27
Rivet Master

2021 27' Globetrotter
Saint Louis , Missouri
Quote:
Originally Posted by millvalleyca
Hey Dennis
How is the draw under the dinette seat mounted in your unit? (the short bench) Looks like our's may be mounted wrong. Seems like it should be set back flush to the bench leg. The side of the draw is the first thing you see when climbing into the unit. Looks a bit "unfinished"
Dennis
Here are the pics of the drawer under the dinette seat. Is yours the same?

Do your couch cushions stick out further than the dinette cushion? Ours do by about 2 1/2".
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC01821 (Large).JPG
Views:	306
Size:	113.0 KB
ID:	46081   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC01823 (Large).JPG
Views:	117
Size:	67.2 KB
ID:	46082  

Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC01825 (Large).JPG
Views:	100
Size:	65.5 KB
ID:	46083  
BRN #20321 Air #4056
"Oooh - They have the Internet on computers now!" - Homer Simpson
cosmotini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2007, 06:57 PM   #28
2 Rivet Member

2014 28' International
2008 27' International FB
Sonoma , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by millvalleyca
Thanks guys for all the input.
We listened to Paula and did it! Thanks Paula
Yesterday we brought home our new 2008 Int 27' FB in Cilantro with the queen bed! What a difference 3 feet make.
So many positives!.....
Pano windows in the front and rear sure open things up.
Great bed centered in the bedroom (an actual bedroom with night stands)
Now there's a place to put our morning cup of coffee.
No more backaches from making the corner bed.
We were surprised when we did the walk through that the whole bed lifts up for storage underneath.
The kitchen sink is easier to use...no more bumping our head on the cabinet above or slouching to avoid the cabinet.
With two young boys the dark brown cushions make more sense. (at least we won't see the dirt)
The best thing about this set up is the bathroom. (you know what I mean if you have the 25' SS)
The only negative thing about this trailer is......we have a slightly higher monthly payment. (but it's a larger IRS write off!)

You only live once!

Dennis
Funny,

We just ended up doing the same thing; although the bed was as much an issue (at least for me, my wife did not mind it as much) as the toilet. We purchased an International 23 this spring, and we bit the bullet, took the depreciation hit, and just taken delivery of the same thing - an International 27FB in Cilantro - and while we have not had a chance to use it yet, we love it and are quite excited about getting out in it.

And in the small world department Dennis, we live in Tiburon.
ramblin rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2007, 07:58 PM   #29
4 Rivet Member

Mill Valley , California
Hi Ramblin Rose
What a small world! Tiburon!
Welcome to the forums....this is a great source of info.
We are loving our new trailer
We just got back from the Petaluma KOA...just 40 min away...30 for you.
There is so much storage, the bed is great, the bathroom is great...etc...
Where do you keep your Airstream? What's your tv?
Where did you buy your old and new trailer?
Old 10-09-2007, 11:06 AM   #30
2 Rivet Member

2014 28' International
2008 27' International FB
Sonoma , California
We bought the old and new from East Bay RV, who were actually pretty good to us on the trade in. We upgraded the TV to the (I think) 19 inch, and got the king dome on the roof for satellite. We have not bee able to use it yet, but are hopeful that the weather is good next weekend and we can head to the coast in it. We keep it up in Sonoma...
ramblin rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2007, 11:21 AM   #31
Rivet Master

Nipomo , California
Napa Sea Ranch...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramblin rose
We keep it up in Sonoma...
Before we moved from Lucas Valley, we kept our trailer at Napa Sea Ranch. Great rate...for our 25-footer we paid only $35/month. The added benefit was that we could say that we "had a place in Napa."

Bowlus Road Chief "Endymion"
BMW X3 xDrive 28D
myoung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2007, 12:07 PM   #32
4 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
Yakima , Washington
The twin beds are 3 inches longer if your tall and wider by a couple inches if you compare the split in two queen to the twins..soo..you have more room in the twin beds. The twin beds also, as others have stated has more storage space..but the thing I like about the twins is it makes for a bigger walk space and makes it seem like a bigger trailer....and you'r not climbing over things or someone. The twins are just easier on us old folks....minus the cuddle factor of course.
DFord79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2007, 12:11 PM   #33
4 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
Yakima , Washington
I forgot one thing...HERE in Washington state some of the STATE and Federal camp grounds limit the lenght to 25 feet.

Also,,,,Ya a 27 is two foot longer....but it won't make much difference going down the road as the weight is not much different....just two more feet behind ya when your backing up...or??? The F-250 will pill it fine. You are way under the 80% rule. The 250 is designed to pull up to 12,500# tailer.
Old 10-09-2007, 12:28 PM   #34
4 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
Yakima , Washington
Another thing that strikes me with the 25 vs 27. It sure seems like a lot of extra money for a bigger closet and panty??? But ...if money is not an object?????

AND......I dont' like the PW in the bedroom. NO privacy and its colder with all that glass....matter of fact.....speaking of insulation and money too....I think the SE is very appealling...but was told by a dealer that it does have a slight insulation penalty because is does not have the padded cieling and walls? But then I am a cold weather camper...??? JUST my thoughts.