Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > Our Community > Fun & Games
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 02-10-2009, 04:11 PM   #21
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
West of Fort Worth , Texas
I don't know about fame...but,

I was across the same gas pump from Minnie Driver a couple of years ago, she lived here in town for a while. She was filling her own fuel tank.

Last year my engine company was doing structure protection at a fire in Malibu and the house we were assigned to was the female half of the 80's group "Boy meets girl". Very nice folks, they made us a very nice dinner, signed and gave us some C/Ds.

The inventer of the bar code system lives near here as well.

Wish some of that money rubbed off somehow...
Dave
AIR #15800

"Wimpy" 1/2 ton 2002 GMC Sierra 4X4 Z-71 Gasser
2000 Safari SS 25'
Fyrzowt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 12:25 AM   #22
2 Rivet Member

1973 31' Sovereign
Cold Lake , Alberta
Quote:
Originally Posted by strmstr69 View Post
My claim to fame would have to be my library of interesting yet useless knowledge.
Example: What is Daffy Duck's middle name? Which "Bond girl" married Ringo
starr?

These have got me a few beers over time, but have yet to put a buck in the bank!!
Perhaps on a game show one day...Laugh everybody!!!

Name the song that was Manfred Mann's first top ten hit?

Dan
So what are the answers???
trucker101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 12:59 PM   #23
Rivet Master

BRADENTON, On The Picturesque and Sunny West Coast of Florida, , USA, PLANET EARTH, MILKY WAY, LOCAL GROUP, SPIRALING SLOWLY THROUGH THE UNIVERSE
No big deal...
My band has been asked to do 10 shows at the NY State Fair again this year. See the details at our website, below.
N2XBW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 03:29 PM   #24
Rivet Master

As a teenager, I was a material witness in a murder trial in Los Gatos, CA. Not really a talent, but quite an experience. It was a very famous case locally. A young girl named Tania Zack had disappeared, and I found her purse a couple of weeks later in a little-traveled part of a local park. It was a few weeks before they found her body. I remember being very nervous about the publicity, knowing that the killer was still on the loose and unidentified. It was several years before they found the man who did the dirty deed.
It took three trials to decide that he was mentally imbalanced, go figure!

Mexray, I almost bought a '58 or '59 ah sprite with a chevy 350 and a frozen trans. It was white, and it was in Los Gatos, CA. This was in about 1985 or 6.
Too much project for me at the time. Could this be your old one?

Good thread
Rich
VIKING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 04:04 PM   #25
Rivet Master

2007 Interstate
Normal , Illinois
Um, a claim that Maggie can comfortably print here is that her great-great-great grandfather and his 5 brothers were early 1800's settlers in southern Mississippi. The house he completed in 1818 is still standing and lived in. The cemetery on the hill behind this house contains many family graves including that of his widowed mother-in-law, who was born in Virginia in 1732 and is the oldest marked grave in Mississippi. The 5 brothers procreated profusely, and she is related to thousands of people throughout Mississippi, Louisiana, Tennessee and Texas!
Old 06-10-2009, 04:16 PM   #26
Rivet Master

2007 Interstate
Normal , Illinois
Why did this thread disappear into the forums rather than popping up onto the portal page??
Old 06-10-2009, 04:39 PM   #27
Rivet Master

On the subject of ancestors, I have a published documentary of my family history going back to the 600's with names and birth dates/ deaths. Many of the Icelandic Sagas were written about my ancestors who lived in the 600's to about 1100 A.D.
Perhaps the most famous viking of all-time, Egil Skallagrimsson, is a relative removed by about 65 or 70 generations, as well as Snorri Sturlusson, the author of The History of the Kings of Norway, The Poetic Edda, and The Saga of Egil Skallagrimsson. These were written in the early 1200's and still are popular today among scholars of Scandinavian literature and history.

Now you know why the screenname says VIKING!

Enjoy,

Rich
VIKING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2009, 04:51 PM   #28
Rivet Master

BRADENTON, On The Picturesque and Sunny West Coast of Florida, , USA, PLANET EARTH, MILKY WAY, LOCAL GROUP, SPIRALING SLOWLY THROUGH THE UNIVERSE
My Family was here to greet the boat people on the Mayflower.
Okwaho / N2XBW
Old 06-30-2009, 10:58 PM   #29
4 Rivet Member

1997 34' Limited
Joliet , Illinois
I may have stumbled to the wrong door, so pleae for me, show me the correct door. We nNeed help and advice on repairing hed liners which seem to have a short liife . What fixes headliners...in the bathroom......etc. I'l like to finish it I would appreciated any suggestions since your ideas certainly help the old number removal.
Lucy769
Lucy815 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2009, 07:47 AM   #30
3 Rivet Member

1972 31' Sovereign
Hattiesburg , Ms
Send a message via AIM to gutsgolf Send a message via Skype™ to gutsgolf
Sail Boat on Mekong River

Back in 71 I was sent to Vietnam was moved between there and Thailand. A guy in Thialand found that I love boats and gave me a sunfish sail boat. I had to make a mast out of a large bambo pole and had a tailor sew up a sail. I spent several afternoon sailing up and down the Mekong between Loas and Thialand. The people in Loas used to shout and wave wildly. It was rather unique and fun.
Richard
"Silver Belle"
AS 16741
gutsgolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2009, 06:20 PM   #31
Rivet Master

My band just did 16 shows in 3 days, with 10 shows at the NY State Fair, and 6 more at the Adirondack Museum in Blue Mtn. Lake, NY. This may be no big deal for some kid's band, but remember we're all old retired "coots"!
John Wolfe / N2XBW
See Us, Hear Us: The Lime Hollow Boys