Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Knowledgebase > Airstream Trailer Forums > Safari > 2008 Safari SE
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 07-23-2018, 07:48 PM   #1
Rivet Master

2006 25' Safari FB SE
1972 23' Safari
Houston , Texas
Back Window Blew out

Was heading East after crossing Hoover bridge and at the next gas stop noticed the back center window was gone and some glass fragments left on the bumper. No idea of what happened if it was a bump in those Arizona roads or something smashing it from the air. I’ve checked the Vintage parts people and don’t see the correct replacement. The top hinge still there and the side arms.
Anybody know best replacement option? This is a 2008 FB Safari LE 75th Anniversary Model. Thanks!
RichHog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2018, 05:50 PM   #2
4 Rivet Member

2009 34' Classic
Lake Worth Beach , Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by RichHog View Post
Was heading East after crossing Hoover bridge and at the next gas stop noticed the back center window was gone and some glass fragments left on the bumper. No idea of what happened if it was a bump in those Arizona roads or something smashing it from the air. I’ve checked the Vintage parts people and don’t see the correct replacement. The top hinge still there and the side arms.
Anybody know best replacement option? This is a 2008 FB Safari LE 75th Anniversary Model. Thanks!
You might try an Airstream dealer, or calling JC. It's probably the same window they're still putting on 25FBs currently and should be readily available (but likely expensive...).

Jim
2016 RAM 2500 Laramie Crew Cab 4x4, Cummins TurboDiesel
AirstreamJim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2018, 06:32 PM   #3
Rivet Master

Kensington , Maryland
Quote:
Originally Posted by RichHog View Post
Something very similar just happened to me. I'm pretty sure that we failed to lock both locks and the window popped open violently at some point.

Lightning struck and Colonial Airstream, NJ had the window in stock to my doorstep in two days. Dang.

Best of luck.

PS - easy to replace the window. Ten min. job.
Too tall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2018, 06:38 PM   #4
4 Rivet Member

2009 25' FB Flying Cloud
1973 31' Sovereign
Mt Angel , Oregon
We had the same window broken out of our 2009 25' FB. What caused our failure was not securing the window during a wind storm. The window flapped in the breeze until it shattered

Our local Airstream dealer had the window on the shelf so for $240 we were healed up next day.

Understand you are travelling so a call to the AS dealer the way you are going might be the ticket. I've heard good things about the dealer in Albuquerque, NM (assuming you are eastbound from AZ).

"To err is human, to air is devine."
Burnside Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2018, 10:40 PM   #5
Rivet Master

2006 25' Safari FB SE
1972 23' Safari
Houston , Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Burnside Bob View Post
We had the same window broken out of our 2009 25' FB. What caused our failure was not securing the window during a wind storm. The window flapped in the breeze until it shattered

Our local Airstream dealer had the window on the shelf so for $240 we were healed up next day.

Understand you are travelling so a call to the AS dealer the way you are going might be the ticket. I've heard good things about the dealer in Albuquerque, NM (assuming you are eastbound from AZ).
Thanks for the information. Probably that is what happened.
Old 08-04-2018, 08:26 AM   #6
Rivet Master

2006 25' Safari FB SE
1972 23' Safari
Houston , Texas
Still working on the replacement. Airstream uses many different windows on their trailers. Have Inland Airstream working on it with Airstream.