Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Knowledgebase > Airstream Trailer Forums > Excella II > 1981 Excella II
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 07-20-2016, 02:09 PM   #1
2 Rivet Member

1981 27' Excella II
Clovis , California
Joining the ranks

Hi - I am a new, really happy owner of an '81, 27' Excella II, nicknamed Estella the Excella. She is a rear-bath, center double model.

I purchased her last month in excellent, road-ready condition with lots of good solid repairs, no leaks, a polished exterior and a few fancy upgrades like a top-notch stereo system, w/ surround sound and a DVD player(!).

It was decked out as a "California Surf Shack, man-cave" and that is the only thing I am working on now - changing paint, cabinetry, window treatments and upholstery. Can anyone tell me if they have found a useful bed configuration to give me my double-to-full size bed left open in the center and still have room to get to the bath? And what is the most comfortable cushion idea for the gaucho couch. Is 5" foam comfortable to sleep on? And finally, does anyone know what the original window coverings were like in this model?

I would appreciate any assistance, contacts, pictures and stories of life with an Excella. LisaE
LisaE is offline   Reply With Quote