Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Restoration, Repair & Parts Forums > Towing, Tow Vehicles & Hitches > Hitches, Couplers & Balls
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 11-19-2014, 12:56 PM   #21
Slowpoke

2012 27' Flying Cloud
Portland , Oregon
Our 27 is an FB model, with the storage locker in front. I stow my Reese spring bars in there, with the greasy ends in ziploc bags. They fit perfectly along the front edge of the locker.

The locker holds three Rubbermaid 10 gallon Roughneck totes:

I love these things! Only about $7 each at Home Despot, and I must have a dozen of 'em. They hold the shore power cord, hoses, leveling blocks, etc.

The Reese ball mount stinger goes in one of them, and stows in the back of the Tundra. The BBQ lives in another one.
Gnorts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2015, 10:50 PM   #22
2 Rivet Member

2011 27 FB International
San Antonio , Texas
We have an Equalizer hitch for 27FB International, I keep the bars in the compartment behind the propane tanks, and the TV portion I keep in the garage when at home, and if I camping for a while I place the TV portion in a cardboard box behind the driver's seat. If I have to keep the TV portion on I cover it with a plastic grocery bag, so the grease stays in tact and the parts don't get difficult to move where the sway bars attach. (Learned the hard way on that one)
kstewart23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2015, 06:32 AM   #23
3 Rivet Member

2015 16' Sport
Upper Sandusky , Ohio
One of the nice things about our small trailer is there are no sway bars or extra items just the small hitch/ball, over which I put a small shopping bag and place it in the back of the Honda Pilot.
*2003 Jayco Designer Series 32' Rear Living
*2015 T@B Sofitel S (exchanged after 3 days for Bambi)
remphoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2015, 03:13 PM   #24
Rivet Master

2007 22' International CCD
Corona , California
The ProPride hitch head and bars stays on the AS. The stinger assembly lays on the floor of my garage sort of out of the way. When I get the time I plan to make a smallish box out of plywood scraps with wheels and a set of slots to hold the stinger at the correct height to slip it into the TV receiver. It's a PITA and back to pick it up and try to align it while struggling to carry it.

Sent from my pocket Internet using Airstream Forums
2012 shortbed CrewMax 4x4 Toyota Tacoma TV with more antennae on it.
rmkrum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2015, 05:53 PM   #25
1 Rivet Member

2015 16' Sport
Santa Rosa , California
I fabrIcated a bracket from 2" square tubing that clamps vertically on the A-frame. When not in use the hitch drops right in and can be locked with a cable or chain. Bars go in storage compartment. This keeps "wrestling" the hitch to a minimum.
rnelson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2015, 07:03 PM   #26
3 Rivet Member

2010 30' Flying Cloud
Mocksville , North Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by dkottum View Post
The ProPride head and bars are attached to the A-frame. When camping I pull ahead a foot and slide the stinger back into the head, at home we store the stinger in the garage. I treat the wear areas with CorrosionX and occasionally with touchup paint, then cover it when stored.

This is what I do. Once unhooked at the campground I just take the hitch loose from the truck and lock it back into the head (ProPride) and then secure it with a pad lock. I also have a lock pin for the hitch so no one can hook up to it. At home the hitch part goes in the garage.
Echelon73 is offline   Reply With Quote