Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-26-2009, 01:35 PM   #21
Master of Universe

2008 25' Safari FB SE
Grand Junction , Colorado
The times I have to used the jack to full extension and still have to use the pry bar that came with our Equalizer is usually when the front of the truck is higher than the rear wheels. The bar with the Equalizer is fairly short, so it doesn't reach the ground and might work for you since I only use my arm muscles, but I don't know how the Reese works.

Sometimes when I have the jack at full extension it lifts the truck rear end so far, there is too much weight on it, and that's when I blow the fuse.

You may be able to have a welder fashion a bar that doesn't touch the ground and is longer for more leverage—that would be a lot cheaper than a Hensley or the competitor which costs less (can't remember the name maybe, Pro Pride?).

Gene
Gene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2009, 04:54 PM   #22
Retired.

Currently Looking...
. , At Large
Kent, I have some lifting limitations, too. I have a lift bar with a 45 degree bend in it near where it slides over the latchup arms. Here's a picture of what I have, the handle is toward the bottom of the picture:
Attached Images

Old 09-27-2009, 05:30 PM   #23
Rivet Master

1977 27' Overlander
Trotwood , Ohio
Send a message via Yahoo to Mikethefixit
Chaplin Kent
I also like HowieE question using 3 links. I have the basic same set up as you only I have F350 . I use 6 links under tension. I have near the same weights on every axle, I don't believe its possible to get them exactly perfect. I use 550/600 lb bars Reese Straightline.
Please do as someone suggested. GO To the CAT Scales or any state certified scale at a grain elevator or recycleing place. Take the truck there first and weight the steering and then the whole thing and then the drive. Take those weights and then hook up and reweigh, using the same scale, the same direction. Make sure the TV and Trailer are loaded full of fuel and water and the stuff you will need for an average camping trip.
I think when I weighed mine it was
Steer = 4120
Drive = 4580
Trailer=5060
Total Gross
=13760 + or - a little
GET the correct weights and make the appropriate adjustments. You can not guess this one or measure it into what you want ,Scales are the answer.
We get a very nice ride for a 1 ton and I am sure the trailer is the same, cause we leave stuff on the table and galley counter and its always there when we arrive at our destination.
Roger
7.3 liter Power Stroke Diesel
1977 27ft OVERLANDER
KA8LMQ
AIR # 22336 TAC- OH-7
May your roads be straight and smooth and may you always have a tailwind!
Mikethefixit is offline   Reply With Quote