Old 06-21-2009, 08:44 AM   #15
Rivet Master
1963 19' Globetrotter
Currently Looking...
Moline , Illinois
More the driver than vehicle

As long as you have a vehicle and towing equipment that are matched to what you want to pull ,I am convinced it is more a question of how you drive and the road conditions that you choose to drive in, that are the most important issues in vehicle safety. As long as it has seat belts and front airbags I'll buy it, those were the biggest life savers I saw in my 30+ years as a firefighter. Only the good Lord and luck will save from a speeding semi.

63air is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2009, 09:02 AM   #16
3 Rivet Member
2007 31' Classic
holland , Pennsylvania
after towing trailers for over 20 years i am of the beleif that the heavier the tow vehicle the better.i hear about over hitching on these forums and maybe for a vintage trailer this is a classic trailer has its own shocks on the trailer and with my excursion,hensley and 1400 lb bars rides as smooth as silk.with some of the roads out there with a flimsy hitch setup you may get whipped all over the place.nothing scientific with my analysis just hands on experience.the burb 2500 series or excursion are probably the best suv tow vehicles out there.newer airstreams are pretty solid heavy tows imho.

xonvldz is offline   Reply With Quote

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off