Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Restoration, Repair & Parts Forums > Interior Restoration Forum > General Interior Topics
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 11-12-2004, 11:30 AM   #1
2 Rivet Member

1985 34.5' Airstream 345
Jarrettown , Pennsylvania
Thumbs up 86 345 window latch?

Hello all, we have just added an 86 345 to the family - with much joy, and nail-biting, very much like when the babies were born . . . Anyway, almost all systems are go on this one, yet I find I need a latch for the passenger front sliding window - any direction for that, or directly to Airstream? We still giggle when we go inside it in the driveway; drove it home from Florida to Pennsylvania, like a dream. I think now that we have "aluminitis" it will stay with us - right? Planning a big cross-country next summer with daughter (8) son (15) and doggie, so I'm sure I'll be filling up all of those storage units pretty soon. Can't wait!
pbnjsellers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2004, 05:08 PM   #2
Rivet Master

1978 31' Sovereign
Texas Airstream Harbor , Zavalla, in the Deep East Texas Piney Woods on Lake Sam Rayburn
Welcome:

Quote:
Originally Posted by pbnjsellers
Hello all, we have just added an 86 345 to the family - with much joy, and nail-biting, very much like when the babies were born . . . ...........Can't wait!
Welcome to the Forums!

You will find that many, many questions and situations about these almost antiques have been covered in the archives. The Forums has a powerful and user friendly "Search" option, and you will probably be able to find a lot of help there.

Be sure to scan the "Mechanics" section - you will find a good deal of valuable information. You may find posts such as "What spare parts do you carry?" very informational. Several of us carry special RV Towing Insurance, and some have found it to be extremely helpful in the case of a breakdown - you don't want to trust your "baby" to just any tow operator.

I, for one, would appreciate some pictures of your new family member. Please try to attend any "Forum Get-Togethers" in your area. They are very informal, and you usually end up making new friends - have never been disappointed.

"Suck it up, spend the bucks, do it right the first time."

WBCCI # 1113
AirForums #1737

Trailer '78 31' Sovereign

Living Large at an Airstream Park on the Largest Lake Totally Contained in Texas
Texas Airstream Harbor, Inc.
87MH is offline   Reply With Quote