Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Restoration, Repair & Parts Forums > Winterizing, Storage, Carports & Covers
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 12-31-2010, 07:25 PM   #1
4 Rivet Member

2007 25' International CCD
Sugar Grove , Ohio
SW Ohio storage for the Airstream

For the past three years, as long as we've had our AS, we've had it stored in the neatest place. Some guys bought an old 84 Lumber Yard, cleaned it up and store boats and trailers in it - outside, outside under the roof where they used to keep lumber or inside and charge accordingly. The best part is that all guys working there are AME Certified mechanics and can do just about anything that needs to be done on a TT, Fiver, or even a MoHo. It has been a delight to have it so well taken care of!

But, the time is comimg that we will be moving away from this part of the state. I've been searching the internet, the travel guides and the trailer books for anything that remotely resembles this place in our new area. So are, no luck. Does anyone know of such a place to store a 25' AIrstream in the Dayton to Cincinnati corridor. We can even cheat a little and move it towards the Indiana state line. If anyone knows of anything or anyplace in SW Ohio, please let me know. Thanks for any info provided.
pilgrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2010, 08:35 PM   #2
2 Rivet Member

2015 30' Classic
Springboro , Ohio
We store ours at:

Marketplace of Carlisle
543 Central Ave.
Carlisle, OH
(937) 746-0514

They have outside, under cover, and inside storage. They are located west of I-75 at exit 38 (SR-73). We have stored our Airstream there for several years and have been very satisfied.

Dave
DLMueller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2010, 08:57 PM   #3
Rivet Master

1977 27' Overlander
Trotwood , Ohio
Send a message via Yahoo to Mikethefixit
GOOD JOB Dave
I forgot about that one. I have seen a couple of Airstreams stored there. No a bad area. Its fenced. I don't know anything about the security situation.
The only other place that comes to mind is on ST RT 36 west of Piqua ,somewhere. I saw it last week when we were looking for something else. Same situation, OLD Lumber yard Cleaned up for boat and rv storage. Sorry I dont know anymore than that.
7.3 liter Power Stroke Diesel
1977 27ft OVERLANDER
KA8LMQ
AIR # 22336 TAC- OH-7
May your roads be straight and smooth and may you always have a tailwind!
Mikethefixit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2011, 04:23 AM   #4
4 Rivet Member

Sugar Grove , Ohio
Thanks Dave - I'll definitely them up. We're going to be in the area in a couple of weeks and one of my jobs is to find a new home for the AS. This sounds good! And the location sounds very good also. I appreciate you assistance.
Old 02-27-2011, 05:23 PM   #5
4 Rivet Member

Sugar Grove , Ohio
That looks like a great place to STORE the Airstream. But, I'm looking for someplace that I can store it and have any work done that might need to be done. For ex: a year or so ago, Dometic was making some alterations to their refrigerators - in sheer numbers, a lot of trailers were affected. We ordered the replacement part and the guys that run my present storage place made the changes for me. They eo the winterizing and then reverse the winterizing for me when/if spring rolls around. When my TV needs any repairs, they can handle that for me. All four of the guys working at my present storage area are ASE Certified mechanics That's what I would like to find near our new home. If I can't, we'll keep our present storage space and simply remember we need a little extra time on the front and the back end of each of our tours - to go and get the Airstream and then to return it after our trip before making the 2.5 to 3 hour trip back home.

I'll keep looking in the area and if anyone thinks of or sees any place in SW Ohio, please let me knos.
Old 03-14-2011, 10:03 AM   #6
Rivet Master

1979 31' Sovereign
Milford , Ohio
Plenty of self storage lots in SW Ohio to choose from. The only one I have personal experience with is 74 Self Storage in Harrison. I used to store a sailboat there about 15 years ago. It was a bit out of the way for me but they had the lowest price around.

Roughly 10 years ago a coworker's TT and several others were stolen from that facility. Although they have cameras monitoring the place, the system was not working at the time of the thefts, making it sound like an inside job but nothing was ever proven or recovered far as I know.

Christopher
blickcd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2011, 04:04 AM   #7
4 Rivet Member

Sugar Grove , Ohio
I appreicate your offerings, Christopher, but I am really interested in A PLACE THAT IS OPERATED BY CERTIFIED MECHANICS - just like the one I am presently using in the Lancaster, OH area. When I need anything to be doen, they do it! They know how to do it - they are also trailer pullers!! And they have lots of rental space available - inside and out. I rent space inside, pay for the year and get charged for 11 months AND they can do any kind of repair work I might need. I'm NOT looking for a self storage place - I know they are out there - I keep finding them. Doesn't anyone know of the type of place I'm looking for???????? Aren't there any such places in or around southwestern Ohio or southeastern Indiana??? Thanks for any input, suggestions, or comments.
Old 03-20-2011, 09:15 AM   #8
Rivet Master

1977 27' Overlander
Trotwood , Ohio
Send a message via Yahoo to Mikethefixit
Pilgram
I have no knowledge of a storage facility in SW OHIO that has ON DUTY MECHANICS. I really think that the facility in Carlisle is your best bet,give the proximity to Oxford. You can take your Stream to JC and leave it for repairs. I think you will get the best of both worlds and be assured that the people who work on your STREAM are qualifed and have the parts on hand to do the job.
7.3 liter Power Stroke Diesel
1977 27ft OVERLANDER
KA8LMQ
AIR # 22336 TAC- OH-7
May your roads be straight and smooth and may you always have a tailwind!
Mikethefixit is offline   Reply With Quote