Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Restoration, Repair & Parts Forums > Windows, Doors, Locks & Vents > Roof Vents, Skylights & Fans
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 03-21-2019, 05:45 PM   #21
Rivet Master

2012 25' Flying Cloud
Berlin , Maryland
My thanks to all for the information. I did in fact call Fantastic Fan today and they said it was mostly likely the lift motor. So I will order a new one and see if that saves the problem.
urnmor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2019, 11:06 AM   #22
Ag Twinky

2007 25' Safari FB SE
Fort Bragg , California
Ultimate fix for Fantastic fan

After replacing the third motor assymble because of a worn out coupler on the drive shaft I put in a Maxxair fan. It is SO much better and I can use it rain or shine. It is fully automatic and keeps my rig from over heating when our pets are onboard. It is also extremely quite. When set on the lower speeds I have to actually look at it to tell that it is on.
dptaylor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2019, 03:05 PM   #23
3 Rivet Member

2014 25' FB Flying Cloud
2005 30' Classic
Keswick , Virginia
Quote:
Originally Posted by urnmor View Post
On our 2012 25 ft Flying Cloud I can only raise the FF cover manually to turn the fan on. So I am looking for ideas on what might be wrong and what road I should go down to fix it. If it is the switch how do I get to it to check it out and/or replace it. Also could it be short and if so what do I have to remove to check for it.

thanks
There is a very simple answer to this. I am trying to remember what it was, but we had the same problem last summer. I think I turned the fan on and nothing happened, so I did as you, manually opening the vent. As I remember, the speed dial has to be on a number, not 0, or it won't open. I think that was it.
Charlottesville, Virginia
gregwall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2019, 06:52 PM   #24
"Cloudsplitter"

2003 25' Classic
Houstatlantavegas , Malebolgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by gregwall View Post
There is a very simple answer to this. I am trying to remember what it was, but we had the same problem last summer. I think I turned the fan on and nothing happened, so I did as you, manually opening the vent. As I remember, the speed dial has to be on a number, not 0, or it won't open. I think that was it.
There is nothing simple about the FantasticDamnFan...🥴

With the fan off, open it manually, just before fully open engage the motor, and continue turning.
When it's up as far as it will go.With the thermo on full cold,(if equipped), turn the power switch on and select your fan speed...or maybe it was the other way around...fandamit. 🤔

Bob
🇺🇸
Old 03-30-2019, 02:14 PM   #25
Rivet Master

2012 25' Flying Cloud
Berlin , Maryland
Today I replaced the lift motor and all is well
urnmor is offline   Reply With Quote