Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Restoration, Repair & Parts Forums > Windows, Doors, Locks & Vents > Windows & Screens
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 10-13-2004, 08:34 PM   #1
Rivet Master

1963 19' Globetrotter
Currently Looking...
Orion , Illinois
need window glazing bead for '63 Globetrotter

The window glazing bead on my 63 Globetrotter looks like it should be replaced. It looks like a fairly easy job but.... are there any tricks I should know? From what I can see you remove the bead, window, old tape and then replace in that order. It looks like Airdreams has an original type bead and tape and that Inland has a single style for everything but it is not like the original. Which should I use or are there alternatives? I have used Inland for parts and appreciate the advice of really a knowledgeable sales staff. I am not sure about Airdreams as I have not purchased from them. What and where should I buy from?
63air is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2004, 08:56 PM   #2
Rivet Master

, Minnesota
I purchased window bead for my '59 from airstreamdreams. It's not the same as the one you need, but it was what they said it was. It fits.
It's made out of a more 'modern' polymer that isn't supposed to shrink as much as the original.
I wouldn't hesitate to order from them again.
http://www.airstreamdreams.com/categ...?UCIDs=1050632

It looks like they are out of stock in the style you need. Sorry.
markdoane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2004, 09:31 AM   #3
4 Rivet Member

1954 22' Flying Cloud
1954 25' Cruiser
2005 25' International CCD
Paradise , Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by 63air
The window glazing bead on my 63 Globetrotter looks like it should be replaced. It looks like a fairly easy job but.... are there any tricks I should know? From what I can see you remove the bead, window, old tape and then replace in that order. It looks like Airdreams has an original type bead and tape and that Inland has a single style for everything but it is not like the original. Which should I use or are there alternatives? I have used Inland for parts and appreciate the advice of really a knowledgeable sales staff. I am not sure about Airdreams as I have not purchased from them. What and where should I buy from?
When I reglazed the windows on my 62 Overlander it was a pretty straight forward process, the worst part was having to dig all the old silicon that the PO had gobbed all over them. I ordered the glazing from Inland, and though I've never had any trouble with anything else from Inland, that glazing was just slightly different from the original profile. Different enough that it didn't work. I wound up ordering some from Airstreamdreams.com along with the glazing tape which sits between the frame and glass on the inside. That glazing worked great. I used a miter box to cut the angles with a very sharp utility knife, then wet the glazing strip with water and pushed it in. Good luck.
AirForums #1565
WBCCI #7162
Heart of Texas Camping Unit
Paul Mayeux is offline   Reply With Quote