Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-02-2005, 11:23 AM   #1
Rivet Master

2007 23' International CCD
Lapeer , Michigan
Whoof

Anyone add a subwoofer to their Airstream installed Sony radio/cd? We only have the basic radio/one cd player but it's ready for MP3 player or XM with jacks. I want to get the radio transmitter and tv receiver for the IMac. It won't be sound surround but it will be nicer than the computer speakers, but I want more bass. I am hoping it will fit somewhere under the couch but there is the drawer and the converter and batteries there--still some free space if it isn't too big.

Also has anyone put in their own outdoor speaker jack? And if so what speakers did you get to use outside and where do you put them? I'd like to have that, not to blast my neighbors but to actually be quieter and better sound than raising the inside volume. It would be great to have near the table.

Any suggestions, or advice?

Thank you.

photography
wheel interested is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2005, 11:56 AM   #2
Rivet Master

Lapeer , Michigan
Btw

I had copied my post in case it wouldn't show up then I previewed it first as someone suggested and there was no problem starting this thread. Hooray!

photography
Old 04-02-2005, 12:41 PM   #3
Contributing Member

2018 Interstate Grand Tour Ext
Austin (Hays County) , Texas
Under the couch is probably the best option

I have the same trailer as you. There is really a lot of space between the battery boxes under the couch. If you browse somewhere like Best Buy, you can probably find a premade box that will fit the space. With modern speakers, you don't need a lot of volume to get good bass.

I put longer slides on my couch front. That allows me to pull it out far enough to stow seldom-used items back between the battery boxes. For instance, I keep our awning lights and extension cord in there in big plastic ziplock freezer bags. I also keep a full foul-weather suit back there.
WBCCI #9632
Pahaska is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2005, 01:53 PM   #4
Rivet Master

Lapeer , Michigan
Thanks John

And that's a great idea about the longer slides! I like the drawer but thought too there is wasted space back there.

Now with a wider magazine rack, flashlight holder, shelf under the drop leaf and better shelf storage, I think you should put up an e-book on tips and modifications! You are a wealth of practical wisdom on Classic Improvement! Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pahaska
I have the same trailer as you. There is really a lot of space between the battery boxes under the couch. If you browse somewhere like Best Buy, you can probably find a premade box that will fit the space. With modern speakers, you don't need a lot of volume to get good bass.

I put longer slides on my couch front. That allows me to pull it out far enough to stow seldom-used items back between the battery boxes. For instance, I keep our awning lights and extension cord in there in big plastic ziplock freezer bags. I also keep a full foul-weather suit back there.

photography
Old 04-02-2005, 02:34 PM   #5
Contributing Member

2018 Interstate Grand Tour Ext
Austin (Hays County) , Texas
Thanks

I have done a few other things and have several projects "in the oven". I'm saving the best ideas for articles in Airstream Life. More chance of it seeing the light of day there if I don't broadcast it.

Here's a free idea, though. I don't know whether you have the queen bed. If so, I cut a U-shaped opening in the corner of the bed base and trimmed it with a molding. The space inside is a perfect place to stow a pair of shoes at night or my slippers in the daytime. I put the clear self-stick drywall corner protectors on the 3/4" square blocks in the corners of the space; they keep the sharp corners from digging into items stored in there, especially when underway with some movement of the contents.

The other corner of the bed is our wine storage. It will hold a half-dozen bottles. I stuff an old T-shirt in to prevent the bottles from moving.
WBCCI #9632
Pahaska is offline   Reply With Quote