Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-26-2011, 06:21 AM   #1
2 Rivet Member

2005 25' Safari
rochester , Minnesota
Wall /LED tv mount

i would like to mount swing out tv mount on wall next to refrig. stall.....wall = it measures about 1" in width (incl. air space i think)...wood lag screws i guess would be the used for the attachment of bracket...10 pds. weight for the led t.v., has anyone done this and is there a better idea?

2005 safari 6 25 footer
billiards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2011, 06:35 AM   #2
The handy accountant

1976 27' Overlander
Scarborough , Ontario
Quote:
Originally Posted by billiards View Post
i would like to mount swing out tv mount on wall next to refrig. stall.....wall = it measures about 1" in width (incl. air space i think)...wood lag screws i guess would be the used for the attachment of bracket...10 pds. weight for the led t.v., has anyone done this and is there a better idea?

2005 safari 6 25 footer
We hung our LCD mount on that same wall. I didn't rely on just the wall to support the Television. I added a piece of wood on the inside wall (inside our sliding cupboard door) for more rigidity, and put my two lag screws into that after going through the Airstream interior wallboard (which, you're correct, has some air space in it).

We take the television down when we're travelling. It takes a few seconds.

The particular arm on the wall mount we have is articulated and can actually be swiveled around so it can be viewed from one of the twin beds south of the kitchen.
"I nostri cuori e le menti appartengono al flusso d'aria"
pageclot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2011, 06:07 PM   #3
4 Rivet Member

2005 30' Land Yacht 30 SL
Rockford , Michigan
Our moho came with the flat screen mounted on that wall. I've taken a picture that shows the articulating wall bracket that is very secure...screwed to the wall with additional wood behind the wall. the bracket also has attached velcro bands to hold the tv in place while traveling.
When it came time to upgrade the bedroom tv, we did a lot of looking for the correct bracket & the right way to hang the bracket. Most reccomended bolting into a stud....no such thing with our half inch thick/thin walls. So, we reworked the existing "box" and used the existing shelf. The tv stays on the shelf, bolted onto the stand & held by the framing. Had we wanted to use the wall mount bracket, the best advice we got was to add a piece of wood to both sides of the wall. The 2 pieces cut a little larger than the bracket plate and the wall is "sandwiched" between the 2 pieces. The wood can be stained, painted, etc.
The last consideration...many of the newer tvs are so thin the directions warn against using longer screws to hold to the bracket to the set...in that case, you would want to take it down before traveling. Hope you find this helpful.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1128.jpg
Views:	122
Size:	238.3 KB
ID:	138762   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1126.jpg
Views:	123
Size:	249.5 KB
ID:	138763  

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1127.jpg