Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Restoration, Repair & Parts Forums > Electronics & Connectivity > Audio, Video & TV
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 11-13-2006, 12:17 PM   #21
Airstreamin and luvin it
Commercial Member

2005 25' Safari
Northwest Panhandle , The Sunshine State/WBCCI 6637
Fridge

Airstream was not able to get a diagram to show me.Mabey it is policy.That is ok though.I will figure it out one day.I just wished there was a tech on the forums that might have done this type of project to let us know exactly where that RCA wire runs.Have to call a dealer and check if they will be kind enough to let me know for sure.

Devoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2006, 12:51 PM   #22
2 Rivet Member

1992 21' Sovereign
Oakland , California
Audio/Video

Finished installation of a Sirius subwoofer last weekend. It just fits under the sofa and behind the drawer. Makes a huge difference in the sound. Spent a lot of time this weekend analyzing the situation with the wall next to the frige. I've decided to opt not to remove the refrigerator. There is a 1" hard insulation panel between the back of the wall and the refrigerator. I'm going to fabricate a 3/16" aluminum plate, similar to the Airstream mounting plate, but much larger and beefier, and mount it to the wall with mollies.

-Mark
Mookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2006, 01:10 PM   #23
Airstreamin and luvin it
Commercial Member

2005 25' Safari
Hey

Sounds good.I will be studying up on the fridge some to see what I can do in the future for this RCA delema.I really want to hook up the Flat screen to the stereo but I dont want to reroute some new wire.I am going to keep looking for a solution.Beside that I need to get a really good stereo deck anyways.I want all the bells and whistles on the next one.I say the easier the betterWith a remote that is.

Old 11-13-2006, 01:21 PM   #24
Airstreamin and luvin it
Commercial Member

2005 25' Safari
Better Sound

You know that Airstream only set the speakers within the cabinets.A very easy and simple install.One thing they do not do is make it sound better.These speakers that they put in here are very good companies and are very good speakers.The thing to do is go to your nearest stereo shop and ask for the foam backing for them.I am pretty sure some of you know what I am talking about but for those who dont.Here is what it looks like.The sound quality of your music will become a lot better.Trust me they work.
http://www.crutchfield.com/S-L8zgDTp...sp?g=762&avf=N

Old 11-13-2006, 01:42 PM   #25
2 Rivet Member

1992 21' Sovereign
Oakland , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by Devoman
...The thing to do is go to your nearest stereo shop and ask for the foam backing for them. The sound quality of your music will become a lot better. Trust me they work.

Hey Devoman - I agree - I used these foam backing cups when I upgraded our system - they make a big difference.

-Mark
Mookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2006, 01:48 PM   #26
Airstreamin and luvin it
Commercial Member

2005 25' Safari
Speakers

When they placed the speakers in there spot there is nothing back there to seal it so air escapes everywhere.Plus the opening in side the cabinet is to big so the sound quality is distorted to where you can not here certain sounds.I love listening to good quality music.My cars have them but now it is the Airstreams turn for an upgrade.

Old 11-13-2006, 02:25 PM   #27
Contributing Member

2018 Interstate Grand Tour Ext
Austin (Hays County) , Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canoe stream
So that sounds like another vote for pulling the fridge if you wish to anchor anywhere but over the top of the fridge.
If you look near the end of the 2005 Classic 28 thread, you will see the reinforcement that I made for my microwave cabinet to mount my flat panel TV on the side. I made a wood reinforcement that spanned the 3/4" square blocks at top and bottom. I also inserted additional screws in the 3/4" blocks into the top and floor of the compartment.

I think that a taller version of my reinforcement would work in a refrigerator cabinet.
WBCCI #9632
Pahaska is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2006, 03:03 PM   #28
Rivet Master

2006 25' Safari FB SE
St. Cloud , Minnesota
John -- From your 22' CCD days I save links or have bookmarked all your home improvement threads! Here is the applicable page on his 28' Classic thread.

5 meter Langford Nahanni

CanoeStream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2006, 02:34 PM   #29
Airstreamin and luvin it
Commercial Member

2005 25' Safari
Tv

I have been looking for that RCA wire today and I think I found it.I looked up into the outside compartment where the fridge is and stuck my head in there,Looked up and saw what looks to be some RCA cable all rolled up and sprayed with that foam sealer they use at the factory.I am going to try and see If I can find the RCA ends and if so I will let everyone know.If that is it that means I may not have to pull out the fridge but will have to figure out a way to channel it to the inside of the trailer to the TV.