Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Restoration, Repair & Parts Forums > Electronics & Connectivity > Audio, Video & TV
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 07-06-2012, 04:19 PM   #1
1 Rivet Member

2012 25' FB Eddie Bauer
atlantic beach , Florida
2011 Eddie Bauer - Sony DVD Player (MIC IN cable)

Hopefully an audio person can answer this question. My unit has a cable in the overhead bin that feeds into the side wall to the Sony DVD player (my assumption). The cable is labled MIC IN. If I set the Sony mode to AUX FRONT-IN, I can play songs from my MP3 player by plugging an AUX cable into the AUX connector on the front of the player. If I set the Sony mode to AUX REAR-IN and connect to the MIC IN, nothing is played? Is the AUX REAR-IN connected to this MIC IN cable? Any help is appreciated.

Missy Grace
Missy Grace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 01:43 PM   #2
Rivet Master

Some Place with a German Name , Texas
Send a message via AIM to Westfalia
The MIC-IN cable is for a karakoe mode on your receiver. Do you not to have two barrel connector labeled AUX IN inside the cabinet on the same wall as the MIC-IN jack?
Westfalia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 02:47 PM   #3
Rivet Master

2011 25' FB Flying Cloud
Peculiar , Missouri
The "Rear In" connection is the audio feed from the TV. If you have a factory installed DVD, this might be the setting you are looking for.

I'm not sure how yours is wired, but I would think that the DVD would be wired directly to the radio. If you are adding a DVD I think I saw some unused connectors that were taped up.

There is a submenu selection for the mic in. I don't remember where it is. The Sony owners manual is very good as it covers everything. There might also be an installation sheet(s) that show how to wire additional components. I'm at work, but I'll look when I get home.

Have you tried connecting the DVD to the Aux connection?
Good Luck
drew05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 12:05 PM   #4
one of those

2011 27 FB International
'03 F250 PSD , Airstream summers, Catalac winters
I was about to post this same question when I did a "Search" and found this thread.

We have the same question. 2011 27FB. Inside the overhead console is a pigtail with a mini jack connector, labeled "mic in". we haven't been able to figure out what to do with this. We wanted to play the ipod through it. But no matter what combination of settings we used, nothing comes through the speakers with the ipod plugged into the "mic in" jack.

Works fine when we plug it into the connector on the front of the Sony.

So, whats the "mic in" connector supposed to do? Seems someone went to a lot of trouble for something. Must have a use of some kind?
Old 10-02-2012, 12:35 PM   #5
Antiquepedaler

2010 25' FB Flying Cloud
Currently Looking...
Laramie , Wyoming
If I remember correctly, there are aux 1 and aux 2 settings. I plug the ipod into the mic jack and turn to aux 2 for it to work. Then I plug the ipod power cord into the 12 v receptical next to mic in. Then all cords are inside the cupboard.