Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-06-2011, 01:19 PM   #1
2 Rivet Member

1975 31' Sovereign
orlando , Florida
12 v pigtail

New to the forum have a 75 31' sovereign and when i bought it there was no battery or pigtail for battery.I read on forum that this was discontinued some 30 years ago so do I cut the ends off and rewire and if so what is your recommendation.I believe this is the only way to lift power jack since it also has no handle to do it manually and the allen screws are stripped. Thanks for any advice
Ofdtruckie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2011, 02:48 PM   #2
Rivet Master

1974 Argosy 20
2014 20' Flying Cloud
Kooskia , Idaho
I remember those plug in pigtails on the 70's units. If yours is missing, you could easily just cut the remaining plug off (unplug your univolt if you have it plugged in) and splice a length of the same gauge wire onto each connection. Be sure to color code them properly so you know which is which, + and - when you hook the battery up. You could get battery cables with ends to put on the battery already attached at the auto parts store. Two different colors would be best.
idroba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2011, 06:07 PM   #3
Rivet Master
Commercial Member

1962 19' Globetrotter
1963 19' Globetrotter
1961 19' Globetrotter
Wheat Ridge , Colorado
If I was in your shoes and only wanted to uses the "power Jack" and know nothing about the wiring of the trailer.... (I am guessing your just trying to get from point A to B and not a final fix).... I would not connect the TV to the trailer!!! In stead uses two wires from your TV battery to the "Power Jack" this will run the jack and not harm your TV wiring in any way! I am guessing you are going to uses temp running and signal light too! I have had to do this on two trailer recoveries and did not want to chance any wiring problems.. If you own a TV like I do... never chance un tested wiring!

Hope that helps and gets both your new trailer.... and TV home safe!

Todd
Instagram #Vinstream
vinstream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2011, 08:15 PM   #4
2 Rivet Member

1975 31' Sovereign
orlando , Florida
thanks for the advice from all.I have AS at home and im like a kid on Xmas morning with it.Theres some problems im trying to get through to make it safe to have family in.Im trying to find someone here to repair a few copper leaks and p ossibly a few electrical issues.Everything else is pretty good a/c,heater,hot water etc.Mouse found way inside and chewed wires up so ive been fixing those to start.Do i need battery power if im plugging in all the time? Maybe for power jack but what else? Thanks JB
Ofdtruckie is offline   Reply With Quote