Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-09-2014, 05:01 PM   #21
Rivet Master

2012 27' Flying Cloud
W , New England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Protagonist View Post
I was in Home Depot earlier today, and saw these: The Hillman Group 48 in. Driveway Marker-848765 at The Home Depot. I bought a couple, and I'll try them out on my next camping trip. Not sure whether I'll put both on the driver's side, one at the rear of the space and one halfway to the front, or if I'll put one on each side at the rear of the space. Both on the driver's side seems like it would work better.

If they don't provide enough visibility, I'll still use them, but also get a couple of clip-on battery-operated lights to clip onto the top of the stakes.
Oh - I have some of those and I bet they'd fit in the stinky slinky tube underneath (mine is in the bumper and I've veneer figured out what to carry in it instead). Have to try those. Thanks!
SteveSueMac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2014, 06:21 AM   #22
Figment of My Imagination

2012 Interstate Coach
From All Over , More Than Anywhere Else
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveSueMac View Post
Oh - I have some of those and I bet they'd fit in the stinky slinky tube underneath (mine is in the bumper and I've veneer figured out what to carry in it instead). Have to try those. Thanks!
My Interstate doesn't have a tube for a slinky since it's equipped with a macerator pump. That means I'll have to store them inside, probably stood up on end in the closet. Given how the driveway markers rattle together, it occurred to me this morning to get a pool noodle to cut in half and slip one half over each driveway marker to minimize the noise they make.

THEN it occurred to me that if the pool noodle is cut short enough to let me push in the stake with the pool noodle still on, and still leave the reflectors uncovered, I can improve the visibility of the markers even further for daytime use. Especially since pool noodles come in such a variety of bright colors. So today after work, it's off to Walmart to buy a bright orange pool noodle.
Old 01-10-2014, 08:21 AM   #23
Rivet Master

2008 27' Classic FB
Burkburnett , Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Protagonist View Post
I was in Home Depot earlier today, and saw these: The Hillman Group 48 in. Driveway Marker-848765 at The Home Depot. I bought a couple, and I'll try them out on my next camping trip. Not sure whether I'll put both on the driver's side, one at the rear of the space and one halfway to the front, or if I'll put one on each side at the rear of the space. Both on the driver's side seems like it would work better.

If they don't provide enough visibility, I'll still use them, but also get a couple of clip-on battery-operated lights to clip onto the top of the stakes.

There's a solar charged illuminated version of these available. I found them at Amazon. There is an On-Off-Blink switch on the bottom of the head. The only consideration is where to store them so that they are charged up and ready to go when you need them. 
Name:   ImageUploadedByAirstream Forums1389367260.759944.jpg
Views: 302
Size:  69.2 KB
Old 01-10-2014, 08:32 AM   #24
Figment of My Imagination

2012 Interstate Coach
From All Over , More Than Anywhere Else
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver Goose View Post
There's a solar charged illuminated version of these available. I found them at Amazon. There is an On-Off-Blink switch on the bottom of the head. The only consideration is where to store them so that they are charged up and ready to go when you need them. Attachment 203288
Thanks. My purchase of the reflector version was spur-of-the-moment when I saw them and figured they'd be usable. If I use them and find that they are the least bit beneficial, then I can look more closely at lighted ones. And if they prove not to be beneficial, then I'm only out a few bucks for the reflective ones.