Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Restoration, Repair & Parts Forums > Plumbing - Systems & Fixtures > Waste Systems, Tanks & Totes
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 01-31-2016, 02:07 PM   #1
1 Rivet Member

Slidell , Louisiana
Question Argosy 30 -78 Auxiliary holding tank issue

I have recently purchased an Argosy 30 with center bath that will be the main home for the next 6 months when our house is being elevated (flood prone area), so needless to say I am new to this.

So far I have gotten everything to work except one thing, the auxiliary holding tank will not drain. I can only find the handle for the main tank and nothing else, so I figured it was for both tanks then. But I was wrong, very wrong. Now I have an overflowing auxiliary holding tank, and as a bonus water standing in the shower, as it leaks out from the belly pan behind the left front wheel, which leads me to another question, is it supposed to be able to leak like that? Where is that darn handle???

Time is short since we need to move in to this travel trailer in the next couple of days and I need it to functioning. Any help to solve, this to me, mystery is greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Bjorn
Black_Bear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2016, 02:34 PM   #2
Rivet Master
Airstream Dealer

Corona , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black_Bear View Post
I have recently purchased an Argosy 30 with center bath that will be the main home for the next 6 months when our house is being elevated (flood prone area), so needless to say I am new to this.

So far I have gotten everything to work except one thing, the auxiliary holding tank will not drain. I can only find the handle for the main tank and nothing else, so I figured it was for both tanks then. But I was wrong, very wrong. Now I have an overflowing auxiliary holding tank, and as a bonus water standing in the shower, as it leaks out from the belly pan behind the left front wheel, which leads me to another question, is it supposed to be able to leak like that? Where is that darn handle???

Time is short since we need to move in to this travel trailer in the next couple of days and I need it to functioning. Any help to solve, this to me, mystery is greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Bjorn
Most likely the quickest answer you can get is call Airstream at 937-5966111.

Argosy manuals are not available, but maybe someone with the same model as yours, can answer your question.

Andy
Inland RV Center, In is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2016, 02:52 PM   #3
1 Rivet Member

Slidell , Louisiana
I can go ahead and answer part of my earlier post.

The handle for the auxiliary tank is hidden under the trailer on the frame, and is located between the rear left tire and the handle for the main tank, which is on the lower part of the side of the trailer. One would think they would be side by side, but what do I know?!

I hope this helps someone else in the future.

Bjorn
Black_Bear is offline   Reply With Quote