Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Restoration, Repair & Parts Forums > Plumbing - Systems & Fixtures > Fresh Water Systems
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 10-13-2016, 07:34 AM   #1
3 Rivet Member

2000 25' Safari
Denver , North Carolina
Water dripping from tube at rear 2000 Safari 25

Hi, New to me unit. First weekend everything was fine when hooked to city water. Next weekend when I hooked to city water there was a slow but steady drip from what looks like a drain or overflow outlet on the opposit side from the fresh water fill, near the rear bumper and city water connection. When I shut off the city water the drip stopped, afer a while. It started again when I turned the water back on. When the city was off everthing worked off the fresh water tank. Everthing worked on city too. SO in some ways, big deal. But it bothers me to see that much water leaking 1: why waste water? 2: why is it happening? Leaving for an AS rally later today so if you've got any suggestions - fire away. I'll test them out. I am sure I'll get plenty of advice, comments, and looks at the rally. Really don't want to be that guy that spends his time working on the AS at a rally.
mbubbaca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2016, 10:12 AM   #2
Rivet Master

1991 34' Excella
Princeton , New Jersey
Can you post a picture? of the pipe if it is in fact coming from a pipe.

Look at the inside of the city connection while pressure is on the system. The connection to the system from the regulator may be the leak.

I any case make SURE no water is on the flooring as Airstream floor don't last long if wetted.

HowieE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2016, 07:57 PM   #3
3 Rivet Member

2000 25' Safari
Denver , North Carolina
OK back and the leak was nothing to diagnose for the AS NC Piedmont members. There was a valve tucked back in the storage area. Once it was turned off...no more drip. It seems that valve controls the drain for the entire plumbing system. The valve was probably knocked a little open taking things in and out.
Old 10-16-2016, 08:33 PM   #4
CRH
Rivet Master

1995 25' Excella
xxxxx , xxxxxx
That valve is the low point drain for the cold side of your bathroom.
CRH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2016, 11:12 AM   #5
2 Rivet Member

1977 27' Overlander
Winnetka , California
Don't forget to use a water flow restrictor when you hook up the freest water source, the pressure at some of these camp sites is to much for the water systems in RVs in general. Especially if the system has not been upgraded. Happy trails.
aircraft1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2016, 07:27 AM   #6
3 Rivet Member

2000 25' Safari
Denver , North Carolina
thanks for all the ( ok only 3 ) comments/ suggestions. The system is in good shape because the drain does work. I found out the whole onboard water tank leaked out. The city water hose does have a regulator on it that I put on. While I was looking for leaks, I found that the PO had installed a reulator on the intake in the rear storage area. So 2 is over kill right?