Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 08-10-2012, 10:36 AM   #1
Rivet Master
 
Splitrock's Avatar
 
Currently Looking...
Sioux Falls , South Dakota
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 2,398
Blog Entries: 20
Carefree Awning measurement?

My trailer didn't have any fabric on the awning when I bought it. My Carefree hardware is all there (except missing the center support) and in very good condition with both good springs. My trailer is a 1976 31". The awning arms are 21' on center.

I called Airstream, they said those trailers were shipped without awnings and were after-market installed by dealers.

My question is . . . Exactly what is the measurement of the fabric from the awning channel to the roller when fully extended? It looks to me like anything from 7' to 8' will work. What's the OEM measurement?

Thanks!


`
__________________

__________________
Click on the link to see a picture of the Sioux River falls near my home.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v1...g?t=1278182564
Eastern South Dakota is very pretty with hills, rivers, and trees.
Splitrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 11:34 AM   #2
Rivet Master
 
BIGED52's Avatar
 
1967 22' Safari
MILAN , Illinois
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 1,890
Quote:
Originally Posted by Splitrock View Post
My trailer didn't have any fabric on the awning when I bought it. My Carefree hardware is all there (except missing the center support) and in very good condition with both good springs. My trailer is a 1976 31". The awning arms are 21' on center.

I called Airstream, they said those trailers were shipped without awnings and were after-market installed by dealers.

My question is . . . Exactly what is the measurement of the fabric from the awning channel to the roller when fully extended? It looks to me like anything from 7' to 8' will work. What's the OEM measurement?

Thanks!


`
Splitrock, Call the gals @ Carefree of Colorado. If you know the color of or size of the bead on both the trailer awning rail and on the awning spring drum along with the center to center legth of the awning arms they can tell you all the width info you need for fabric. They may even sell you the fabric. PM me with a phone number for more info and I can give you more choices for fabric. Ed
__________________

__________________
1967 Safari Twin "Landshark" w/International trim package
1999 GMC Sierra 1500 SLT
FORUMS MEMBER SINCE 12/16/2004AIR#7110
"My tire was thumping, I thought it was flat. When I looked at the tire, I noticed your CAT!" Burma Shave
BIGED52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 11:40 AM   #3
Moderator
 
Kevin245's Avatar

 
Vintage Kin Owner
... , ...
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 9,390
Images: 9
Mine measures 93 inches from the rail spline to the tube spline.

Kevin
__________________

"You wouldn't worry so much about what others think of you if you realized how seldom they do."

Eleanor Roosevelt

Kevin245 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 03:42 PM   #4
Rivet Master
 
Splitrock's Avatar
 
Currently Looking...
Sioux Falls , South Dakota
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 2,398
Blog Entries: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by BIGED52 View Post
Splitrock, Call the gals @ Carefree of Colorado. If you know the color of or size of the bead on both the trailer awning rail and on the awning spring drum along with the center to center legth of the awning arms they can tell you all the width info you need for fabric. They may even sell you the fabric. PM me with a phone number for more info and I can give you more choices for fabric. Ed

Thanks Ed,

Pm sent!



`
__________________
Click on the link to see a picture of the Sioux River falls near my home.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v1...g?t=1278182564
Eastern South Dakota is very pretty with hills, rivers, and trees.
Splitrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 03:45 PM   #5
Rivet Master
 
Splitrock's Avatar
 
Currently Looking...
Sioux Falls , South Dakota
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 2,398
Blog Entries: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin245 View Post
Mine measures 93 inches from the rail spline to the tube spline.

Kevin

That's perfect! Just what I was looking for. Thanks!

That's 96" of material before the spline is sewn in.

Good job!



`
__________________
Click on the link to see a picture of the Sioux River falls near my home.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v1...g?t=1278182564
Eastern South Dakota is very pretty with hills, rivers, and trees.
Splitrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by




Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 05:34 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Airstream is a registered trademark of Airstream Inc. All rights reserved. Airstream trademark used under license to Social Knowledge LLC.