Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Restoration, Repair & Parts Forums > Exterior Restoration Forum > Cleaning, Stripping & Polishing
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 08-18-2009, 02:49 PM   #1
1 Rivet Member

1974 25' Tradewind
Midhurst , Ontario
Purchasing Removall in Canada

It would seem that my 74 AS Tradewind still has a clear coat. It also has some blemishes that do not come out with polish. I understand that removing the clear coat can improve the appearance. I have unsuccessfully checked in Barrie, Ontario, Canada for something to remove it. Does anyone know where I can buy it in Canada and how much I need for a 25' AS. OR can I buy it in the US and have it shipped safely to Canada? OR can someone recommend another product that will do the job.

Thanks
papagord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2009, 02:58 PM   #2
Rivet Master

1956 22' Safari
2015 27' Flying Cloud
Vintage Kin Owner
Conifer/Evergreen , Colorado
Removall...is actually made in Canada...it's harder to find here than I would imagine there. VTS is the only place I could find that sold it here. I actually preferred CitriStrip - it did just as good of a job and smeller MUCH better...that made a HUGE difference in the interior of our trailer - may not be as big of a deal on the exterior. Citristrip can be found at most any hardware store here - Home Depot, Lowes, Ace, etc. The other good news was we didn't have to pay for shipping like with the Removall.....

When we stripped our GlobeTrotter several years ago - we used KleenStrip Aircraft Stripper - nasty stuff, but it works great! Better than either of the others...but definitely not environmentally (or skin) safe.

Shari
WBCCI #1824 - DenCO Unit Past President (2005)
AIR #30 - Join Date: 2-25-2002

RMVAC | ACI - CO Unit (Formerly WBCCI) | BIRDY - our 1956 Safari | 1964 Serro Scotty
InsideOut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2009, 03:39 PM   #3
Rivet Master

1959 26' Overlander
Nowhere , Washington
I called Napier (the maker of Removall) and they gave me a list of distributors in my area including ICI Paints. Their minimum order was 4 gallons, but since I had to strip paint from the roof of my trailer, I actually needed a full 5 galllon containiner. ICI did not charge me anything for shipping.

I found the Removall worked extremely well when sprayed on with an airless sprayer and then blasted off with a pressure washer. The brush on application was not nearly as effective and seemed to waste a lot of this rather expensive product.
Old 08-19-2009, 11:27 AM   #4
Rivet Master

1956 22' Safari
2015 27' Flying Cloud
Vintage Kin Owner
Conifer/Evergreen , Colorado
Hmmm...this just in:

Napier

Quote:
Napier Environmental Technologies Inc. ("Napier") (PINK SHEETS:NAITF) has completed the previously announced transaction with Freeworld Coatings Global (JSE:FWD) ("Freeworld") whereby Freeworld has acquired the North American ("NAFTA") business of Napier, including the worldwide rights to Napier's wide range of products utilizing environmentally advanced technology. <snip>...the company will cease manufacturing, leaving Napier with a responsibility to Freeworld for certain transitional services which are expected to be completed by September 30, 2009.
Shari
WBCCI #1824 - DenCO Unit Past President (2005)
AIR #30 - Join Date: 2-25-2002

RMVAC | ACI - CO Unit (Formerly WBCCI) | BIRDY - our 1956 Safari | 1964 Serro Scotty
InsideOut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2009, 02:38 PM   #5
1 Rivet Member

1974 25' Tradewind
Midhurst , Ontario
Napier's Organic Strip

I found a Napier product in Home Depot that is actually for removing layers of paint etc from furniture including metal furniture called Organic Strip. I am about to try it on my AS hoping it works.
papagord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2009, 02:55 PM   #6
Rivet Master

1976 31' Sovereign
Missouri City , Texas
Bix stripper

Try Bix Stripper, you can get it at Lowes or Home deport. It worked great on my 76.

Don
adonh is offline   Reply With Quote