Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Closed Thread

Old 06-29-2016, 06:25 AM   #21
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
Mantua , Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by RareStream View Post
Thanks for all the honest reviews. I will avoid them in the future. They seem to be fine if you're not too picky or if you don't pay attention to detail. Otherwise, they don't seem to be of perfection caliber.
After all the good reviews, how can you come to the conclusion? Are you misunderstanding what is being written?
Old 06-29-2016, 08:01 AM   #22
Rivet Master

2014 30' Flying Cloud
Tampa , Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by avionstream View Post
After all the good reviews, how can you come to the conclusion? Are you misunderstanding what is being written?

I thought the same thing. Most of what I've read has been positive. There are a couple of unhappy customers, but every vendor will have those.
2014 Airstream Flying Cloud 30 Recliner - WBCCI #4850 - AIR #110821
2018 Nissan Armada SL Tow Vehicle, Equal-i-zer Hitch
Visit Our Flying Cloud blog for my latest adventure!
Old 06-29-2016, 09:29 AM   #23
2 Rivet Member

I'll say it again: these guys are great to work with. Real busy - just look at the photos.
Besides, most places don't do any recoating, just panel replacement.
Old 06-29-2016, 10:39 AM   #24
2 Rivet Member

2005 25' Classic
Lexington , Ohio
In 2014 we had P&S do work to our '89 32' Excella. New curb side awning and tube, new water heater, new shower handle valve, and strip, polish, and new clear on the front and back top 3 panels.

I generally prefer to DIY most of my projects but with limited time before a planned trip to Disney's, Ft. Wilderness, P&S was a good solution for our needs. I'm picky and like attention to detail - generally why I do my own work. That said, overall I'm pleased with the work performed.

In full disclosure, my one area of concern was the switch installed in the bathroom to select electric or propane was not installed level. Most people would never notice, but it's visible to me.

I would recommend and use P&S again.
Old 06-29-2016, 05:18 PM   #25
3 Rivet Member

1991 29' Excella
Currently Looking...
Marco Island , Florida
Quote:
Thanks for all the honest reviews. I will avoid them in the future. They seem to be fine if you're not too picky or if you don't pay attention to detail. Otherwise, they don't seem to be of perfection caliber.
I cannot think of one family business that has withstood the test of time because their customers don't pay attention to detail or aren't too picky!

I'm proud to have chosen S & P for their integrity, longevity and being an American family business that has grown by satisfying their customers for decades.

If you believe I don't pay attention to detail or aren't too picky run that one by my poor husband.
Old 06-29-2016, 08:06 PM   #26
3 Rivet Member

Seattle , USA
Quote:
Originally Posted by avionstream View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by FCStreamer View Post
I thought the same thing. Most of what I've read has been positive. There are a couple of unhappy customers, but every vendor will have those.
How do I come to that conclusion? Simple!

At the time of my post, there were seven overall reviews of P & S on this thread. Of those seven, FOUR (!!!) of them were NEGATIVE.

FOUR out of SEVEN were negative!!!

Items stolen and not replaced, not polishing/coating the areas quoted, corners peeling, items installed crooked, deep scratches and damage to people's trailers...

But again, FOUR out of SEVEN negative reviews??? That's more than HALF!!!

How could ANYONE see that as a positive?

The fact that TWO different people on this thread saw these majority negative reviews as a positive for P & S are two more blinding examples of LACKING ATTENTION TO DETAIL. Those two people didn't even NOTICE that the majority of reviews were NEGATIVE...and those are the same type of people that would probably have no problem with this company's work.

Instances such as the examples listed above is how I came to the conclusion I arrived at.

Old 06-30-2016, 06:13 AM   #27
Rivet Master

2014 30' Flying Cloud
Tampa , Florida
I wouldn't be taking the number of reviews on one thread as any indicator of anything. Not even all the reviews in one forum. People come to forums seeking help, and tend to attract people with problems. Very rarely do people come to forums to say "hey, it went great!"

P&S has been in business for a long time and does great work. Are they 100% perfect? No, of course not. No endeavor led by human beings is. But be careful going by "forum wisdom". It trends overly negative on everything.
2014 Airstream Flying Cloud 30 Recliner - WBCCI #4850 - AIR #110821
2018 Nissan Armada SL Tow Vehicle, Equal-i-zer Hitch
Visit Our Flying Cloud blog for my latest adventure!
Old 06-30-2016, 07:19 AM   #28
Rivet Master

2010 25' FB Flying Cloud
Davenport , Iowa
P&S COST ME $60,000; YES $60.000 !!!

We had a "98" Excella that was scheduled for new end cap, strip, caulk and clear coat.
Before we got there, the step broke, so I went in to order the parts. While doing so, the wife found a NEW FC and bought it.
I contacted P&S, told them what happened and they refunded my deposit, no ?? asked.
I would call this great customer service
Mike
Old 06-30-2016, 12:43 PM   #29

2004 30' Classic Slideout
Fenton , Missouri
Send a message via AIM to jcanavera Send a message via Skype™ to jcanavera
I've seen the work they do and this late 90's Classic got polished, modern graphics, panel replacement where necessary, and new awnings all done at P&S. The owner was very pleased as this trailer had sat for years in Florida and had a bad case of clear coat peel and oxidation.
AIR #56 S/OS#15
'04 Classic 30' S.O.,'03 GMC Savana 2500
Old 06-30-2016, 05:13 PM   #30
3 Rivet Member

1991 29' Excella
Currently Looking...
Marco Island , Florida
Brutal Florida Sun

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcanavera View Post
I've seen the work they do and this late 90's Classic got polished, modern graphics, panel replacement where necessary, and new awnings all done at P&S. The owner was very pleased as this trailer had sat for years in Florida and had a bad case of clear coat peel and oxidation.
Our trailer sat in a storage lot in Naples FL for 6 months over the winter which caused much of the need for our S & P restoration.
I'm desperately trying to find covered parking in Naples when we return there for the winter.
If anyone knows of a place please let me know!
Many thanks
Old 06-30-2016, 05:24 PM   #31
3 Rivet Member

Seattle , USA
Quote:
Originally Posted by 911Patriot View Post
Our trailer sat in a storage lot which caused much of the need for our S & P restoration.
There's that attention to detail again!

Old 06-30-2016, 06:30 PM   #32
3 Rivet Member

1991 29' Excella
Currently Looking...
Marco Island , Florida
Quote:

Our Airstream was already in need of attention and had planned the restoration, the FL sun was just the final nail. I believe that Florida sun will continue to shine when we return with the trailer for another 6 months. This time we'll need to protect her. I will find a sheltered spot now that it's going through S & P's proven restoration process!

I appreciate your continual concern on my decision making process.
Click image for larger version

Name:	florida.jpg
Views:	145
Size:	138.2 KB
ID:	265599
Old 06-30-2016, 06:54 PM   #33
Dazed and Confused

Currently Looking...
1983 31' Airstream310
Hillsburgh , Ontario
Quote:
I hate to break it to you but.....Airstream are far from perfect, just leaving the factory.

I suggest you pick up a buffer polisher and work through four or five grades of Nuvite, the same spot, over and over and over and over and over again; covered head to toe in black residue wearing a full helmet and hazmat suit in the middle of summer.......and lets see how picky you are.

My hat's off to the guy that does it as his arms must be like Popeye's.

Cheers
Tony

“It’s a recession when your neighbor loses his job; it’s a depression when you lose your own.” "Harry S Truman"
Old 06-30-2016, 07:50 PM   #34
Dazed and Confused

Currently Looking...
1983 31' Airstream310
Hillsburgh , Ontario
I would also like to add that the polishing process can amplify and exaggerate imperfections that were not as visible before.

Just saying, the imperfections were there all the time, you just didn't notice them.

Cheers
Tony

“It’s a recession when your neighbor loses his job; it’s a depression when you lose your own.” "Harry S Truman"
Old 06-30-2016, 07:53 PM   #35
3 Rivet Member

Seattle , USA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Isuzusweet View Post
I hate to break it to you but.....Airstream are far from perfect, just leaving the factory.

I suggest you pick up a buffer polisher and work through four or five grades of Nuvite, the same spot, over and over and over and over and over again; covered head to toe in black residue wearing a full helmet and hazmat suit in the middle of summer.......and lets see how picky you are.

My hat's off to the guy that does it as his arms must be like Popeye's.

Cheers
Tony
That's a nonsensical comparison.

They get paid a HUGE chunk of money...THAT'S why they are expected to do a perfect job.

The level of DIFFICULTY of the work is a moot point. They're getting paid!!!! A lot!!!!!!

Just because it is admittedly a horribly difficult job doesn't require the PAYER to receive less than great work.

Building a bridge is hard, too!!! And the companies that build them get paid BILLIONS of dollars! Should we accept shoddy bridge work skimping on the details just because they are EXTREMELY DIFFICULT to build???
Old 06-30-2016, 08:03 PM   #36
Rivet Master

1955 22' Safari
Currently Looking...
Great Lake State , .
Quote:
I have head nothing but good things about P&S Trailers, good luck on finding somebody better. The home of Airstream, Jackson Center put an axle on 1965 Caravel and they did it wrong, shredded a tire on a camping trip, they did made good on it however. Even brand new Airstream's have problems, there is no such thing as "perfection caliber".

toastie
Old 07-01-2016, 11:30 AM   #37
Dazed and Confused

Currently Looking...
1983 31' Airstream310
Hillsburgh , Ontario
Quote:
That's a nonsensical comparison.

They get paid a HUGE chunk of money...THAT'S why they are expected to do a perfect job.

The level of DIFFICULTY of the work is a moot point. They're getting paid!!!! A lot!!!!!!

Just because it is admittedly a horribly difficult job doesn't require the PAYER to receive less than great work.

Building a bridge is hard, too!!! And the companies that build them get paid BILLIONS of dollars! Should we accept shoddy bridge work skimping on the details just because they are EXTREMELY DIFFICULT to build???
If there was ever a nonsensical comparison, your response would take the prize.

I was refering to a dimple, wave in the aluminum,stone hit or fairly deep scratch that would be undetected, or not easily seen before polishing but completely visible after. What do you want P&S to do about it; replace the panel????

Your expectations are unrealistic and unobtainable being that Airstreams are not perfect to begin with.

I'd hate to work for you, or be your boss (your wife).

Cheers
Tony

Old 07-01-2016, 11:43 AM   #38
Rivet Master

1955 22' Safari
Currently Looking...
Great Lake State , .
Quote:

RareStream

Would it be possible to post a few pictures of your Airstream......

toastie
Old 07-02-2016, 05:43 AM   #39
Dazed and Confused

Currently Looking...
1983 31' Airstream310
Hillsburgh , Ontario
Quote:
Originally Posted by toastie View Post
RareStream

Would it be possible to post a few pictures of your Airstream......

toastie
Yes, pictures of the most perfect Airstream in the world please.......Heck, make sure you post a picture of your perfect wife standing by your perfect Airstream; trust me, they cost a lot of money too.

Cheers
Tony

Old 07-02-2016, 06:09 AM   #40
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
Mantua , Ohio
Easy guys.
Closed Thread