Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Restoration, Repair & Parts Forums > General Repair Forum
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 09-13-2016, 07:56 AM   #21
Rivet Master

1991 34' Excella
Princeton , New Jersey
The pump is the check valve. Like I said above pump leak back was not a problem in the past but who knows what they are using today

HowieE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2016, 07:41 PM   #22
2 Rivet Member

2009 16' International
Newberg , Oregon
We have had many problems with our city water hook up leaking on our 2009 International. We replaced it last year and have continued to watch it by looking under the sink....the new one is leaking too. We plan to replace it with one that does not have a built in pressure regulator and use one in line....I would check that out too.
Lata de amor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2016, 09:12 PM   #23

2016 30' Flying Cloud
Holly Ridge , North Carolina
Water Leak when hooked up to city water

I just experienced this today with my new 30' Flying Cloud. I pulled out a leather shotgun case from behind the lavatory wall and noticed the leather base had absorbed about an inch of water and the flooring was wet. I went into the lavatory and heard the faint sound water leaking under pressure. I opened the doors to the cabinet under the sink and a towel I had in there was soaked. The sink wasn't leaking but I could hear the leak more with the doors open. I then discovered that the cabinet backing was soaked. I shut the water off and began unscrewing and remove the soaked cabinets. I got a clear inside airstream view of the fresh water inlet and could feel water all around. At the base of the plastic compartment there was about a quarter inch of standing water. I started soaking it up with a large towel. Turned teh water on and visibly confirmed a rather prominent amount of water flowing out of the back of the valve into the compartment. I tightened the grey pex ring and the water stopped. The ring was not tightened sufficiently for even the low pressure water that I was hooked up to....QC issue. Added to the list along with the leaking shower at the lower right corner of the shower door....
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Back side of valve.jpg
Views:	146
Size:	161.0 KB
ID:	272750   Click image for larger version

Name:	direction of water flow.jpg
Views:	194
Size:	103.8 KB
ID:	272751  

Click image for larger version

Name:	damaged floor.jpg
Views:	300
Size:	78.6 KB
ID:	272752   Click image for larger version

Name:	damaged floor 2.jpg
Views:	288
Size:	117.8 KB
ID:	272753  

Sharpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2016, 05:48 AM   #24
2 Rivet Member

2009 16' International
Newberg , Oregon
Water leak

I agree with the reply about the fresh water inlet. If you can get your eyes on it look for leaking around the pressure regulator. I am on my third one and it is leaking too. I will be installing one without the built in regulator and hooking one in line. The inlet is very easy to change. Four screws and unscrewing the nut. Has anyone found a nice looking one that will fit?
Lata de amor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2016, 07:58 PM   #25
2 Rivet Member

2016 22' Sport
Grayslake , Illinois
My 2016 Bambi is in for service now with the same problem. Water leak under the cabinet of the toilet. Noticed it while using city water hook up. When I turned on the water heater it would leak after about 30 minutes. If I turned the water heater on for only 10 minutes and washed dishes and then turned it off again, no water leak. Maybe a hot water pressure problem?
Free bird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2016, 08:34 PM   #26
honi soit qui mal y pense

2015 23' FB Flying Cloud
Bend , Oregon
2015 23' FB FC - same problem

My nearly identical problem exhibited itself only when heating the hot water but your cause may be the same defective city water connector/regulator fitting. I installed an accumulator to help with the higher water pressure when the water is heated and I will replace the fitting when Airstream finally ships it to me. One suggestion given on my thread was to add a flex hose to the fitting on the inside to prevent excess stress on the assembly. It is two piece and vibration might have affected the seal. Look for my thread of a few days ago with additional ideas from others. Robere
2016 Chev Silverado LT Crew 4x4
Robere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2016, 05:45 AM   #27
Rivet Master

2014 20' Flying Cloud
Sag Harbor , New York
Could you update us on this please? Have you solved the problem, and what was it?

FYI Robere's thread, which he just mentioned, is here:

http://www.airforums.com/forums/f516...fc-157492.html

You might find some helpful ideas there.

Good luck!

Peter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jck_dmb View Post
I am a new owner. I've been on the road for over a month with minor issues. Just had my first major issue.

2017 23D International

My fresh water tank was 75% full
My Black was 0%
My Grey was 11%
I'm perfectly level in all directions.

I have hooked up to city water before with no issues.

I have used the fresh water and pump with no issues.

Problem:

I hooked up to city water at 7:00pm. In the morning, I had a huge leak which looked to be coming from under my shower/toilet.

Any thoughts? Advice? I am only using the fresh water tank now, with no issues. I'm nervous to hook back up to the city line.

I'm in Park City. Home is Boston. Should I try and get into the airstream dealership in Salt Lake? Will they service my AS if i did not purchase it there?

Thanks in advance!
OTRA15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2018, 08:04 AM   #28
1 Rivet Member

1995 30' Excella
Miramichi , New Brunswick
city water line leaking under floor

Hi I have a 1995 30 ft Excella that has developed a leak when hooked up to city water. The leak comes up through the floor between the toilet and the shower. Using the fresh water tank there is no leak.
I have looked for access to that area using a inspection scope to look in areas I cannot readily access, however, the tight construction does not allow my scope to access under the floor of the bathroom area.

Options?
1. will I need to cut the rug and floor out for access?
2. will I need to access it from underneath the trailer?

Both of these options seem drastic but I can see no other way to access the piping. Any helpful suggestions?
Sol49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2020, 03:03 PM   #29
1 Rivet Member

1995 30' Excella
Miramichi , New Brunswick
update on water leak issue

I know it's a long time since I started this thread but here's what it turned out to be.
The leak was from one of the pipe fittings in the back of the toilet. There was a crack in a plastic fitting which leaked when hooked up to city water (due to higher pressure) but not when using the trailer water pump.
The water went down the back of the toilet under the rug then reappeared as a wet spot in the middle of the bathroom floor rug.
Luckily I found this out when removing the toilet before tearing up the rug.
I replaced the fitting, (finding parts on the road is a whole other story in itself) and no more leak.
Sol49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2020, 09:17 PM   #30
3 Rivet Member

1977 31' Sovereign
1992 34' Excella
Currently Looking...
Salem , Oregon
Had the same issue with our new toilet.
Last year I replaced the original.
Last fall I winterized the trailer by blowing 40#
Air pressure through all the lines.
However there remained just enough water
In the flush valve to freeze and create a hairline
Crack in the valve that only leaked under city
Water pressure.
Got a new valve from campers world after the parts
Guy gave me a stern lecture about how to winterize the trailer correctly.
Lesson learned!!
wayne.yl is offline   Reply With Quote