Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Restoration, Repair & Parts Forums > General Repair Forum
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 05-27-2019, 11:04 AM   #1
2 Rivet Member

2016 25' Flying Cloud
Williamsburg , Virginia
Frustrating Trip

While the camping was good, I had a few problems with my flying cloud. First, the rear running lights don’t come on. The front yellows do, rear blinkers and brakes work great, just won’t light up as needed with the lights on. I found this last trip, and I don’t tow much at night, lining up for the dealer in July. At arrival in the storage yard, I could not get the side door for storage to unlock. Tried both sets of keys. Had to pull chicks and gear for disconnect out from under the bed. While I had the bed up, I noted a piece of bed rail,the piece above the laundry bin door, was separating from another piece. Now I have three things to get fixed.
Ttaylor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2019, 03:29 PM   #2
Rivet Master

2020 28' Flying Cloud
2017 23' Flying Cloud
Hiawassee , Georgia
Yes. That can be frustrating. We had a trip like that 2 years ago. It seems like we were snake-bit on that trip. Went to pick up the trailer and couldn’t open the rear hatch. Had to call a locksmith who ended up drilling out the lock. Got a much later start on that trip than planned. Later our tongue jack failed. Had to use a bottle jack and wood blocks every time I wanted to lower the Jack. Then something else happened; forgot what.

After the trip, AS sent me a new lock; Atwood sent me a new jack. I installed both and everything has been fine since.

Don’t get discouraged. Sometimes these “little” things pop up and need to be dealt with.

Is your trailer new to you? When did you get it?
KK4YZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2019, 05:20 AM   #3
2 Rivet Member

2016 25' Flying Cloud
Williamsburg , Virginia
It’s a 2016 FC FB25. Bought it new in July of 2016. Not like I’m getting rid of it, we love it, I was just sharing and wondering if anyone had similar issues.
The lock was really strange, worked 15 miles down the road, no issues, then suddenly, poof, it doesn’t work.
Ttaylor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2019, 05:04 PM   #4
Rivet Master

2020 28' Flying Cloud
2017 23' Flying Cloud
Hiawassee , Georgia
Yeah, the lock thing was crazy. I called a locksmith, thinking he’d be able to pick it. He had all the tools and tried real hard, but ended up drilling it out. After that I got into the habit of shooting lock lube into each keyhole.

All this stuff happened on our 3rd trip out. had AS for only a few months. I was really steamed at the time but no big issues since. We do enjoy our 23D.
KK4YZ is offline   Reply With Quote