Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Marketplace > For Sale & Wanted > Parts Archive
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 11-23-2003, 06:08 PM   #1
2 Rivet Member

San Antonio, TX
Rims from Inland RV

Has anyone experienced problems with the rims sold by Inland RV? I ordered three and had them mounted and balanced at Discount Tire. I could tell something was wrong when they had it on the balancer. The pulled my ticket and called me over for a look. The rim was out of true. It didn't appear to be unsafe, but the tech said even their cheapest rims looked better than this, and I paid $75 each, not to mention shipping. They balanced it as best they could, marked it as the spare, and tried the other two - same problem. I am stuck with the dilemma of paying exhorbitant shipping to send them back and presumably have them ship me new ones which hopefully don't have the same problem.

What should I do? Has anyone been through this with Inland? What sort of treatment should I expect?

Thanks for the help.
Old 11-23-2003, 06:30 PM   #2
Just a member

1978 28' Argosy 28
Lutz , Florida
Send a message via AIM to thenewkid64 Send a message via Yahoo to thenewkid64
I would start by contacting Andy off line and ask him what to do. Yes you may be stuck on the freight, but if they are that out of true it may be a situation where he can get the manufacturer to do something.
WBCCI #5501 AIR # 49
-------------------------
1978 Argosy 28 foot Motorhome

Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something. -- Plato

Old 11-23-2003, 06:39 PM   #3
Rivet Master

2004 28' Classic
Currently Looking...
huntsville , Alabama
i had a set of rims sent UPS from houston and they were messed up didnt run true looked like they had a wabble in the rim.
what had happend is ups warped the rims. UPS payed the insurance claim that covered the cost . didnt cost me a penny in additional expense. did have a delay waiting on the claim to be paid. the company told me that they had a lot of claims on damaged steel rims. this is probably what happened to your rims, hopefully the shipment was insured.
2004 classic 28 WB , Pro Pride P-3 hitch
centramatics wheel ballancers 300-556
Old 11-23-2003, 07:09 PM   #4
Rivet Master

Austin , Texas
Are they Dexter wheels?

Inland probably just gets his wheels from Dexter so it's not really his fault. I am sure most wheels have a bit of tolerable runout in them, how much may be debated. I got the Dexter wheels for my Argosy here locally, right at 25 bucks or so a piece at a farm trailer supplier and Discount tire mounted them up just fine with some of their Carlisle trailer tires. I passed on getting them shipped in at four times the cost.

Hopefully you can work this out, the shipping costs may be the only problem.

Chas