I believe this is helpful. I do not have any pictures but you could refer to your unit and hopefully get the idea.
Operating Instructions NT-16, NT-22 and NT-32
1. To light the furnace, turn the manual valve to "off"position and wait 5 minutes. Set the thermostat at it's lowest setting. Open manual valve. Correct operating characteristics depend on this valve being positioned fully open. Never attempt to operate with valve partially closed.
2. Remove lighter hole cover. (On all models, the furnace front is not exposed, so the lighter hole must be reached by first opening the cabinet and then lifting the furnace access door. After lifting access door, remove lighter hole cover.)
3. Press reset button and hold. Insert a burning match through opening so that the flame is near the pilot. On the initial lighting the pilot may not light immediately due to air in the gas line. If such is the case, it may necessary to hold the reset button in for a minute or more before the pilot lights. When the pilot is burning, continue to hold the reset button in for approximately 30 seconds or until the pilot continues to burn when the reset button is released.
4. Replace the lighter hole cover.
5. Replace furnace panels.
6. Set thermostat at desired position.
There is much more on the sequence of normal operation, the fan switch and how it will operate even after the thermostat is satisfied to cool the unit before it shuts down. There is also an extensive section on pilot outage problems depending on which phase is associated with pilot outage: off phase, start-up phase or operating phase.
Hope this helps but if not, I'll be following this thread with interest.
1973 Excella 500