Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-09-2004, 06:42 PM   #1

Smile Ref

I am looking for a Freg to go in my 1980 Caravell Airstream. Someone took the old one out and i am attempting to restore it. it looks like the one taken out was about 36 tall.
M.D.
Please E-Mail me I am having a hard time finding things on this site until I learn how to use it.
Promiseland811@wmconnect.com
Old 07-09-2004, 07:38 PM   #2
Moderator Emeritus

1964 26' Overlander
1978 Argosy Minuet 6.0 Metre
Anna , Illinois
Send a message via Yahoo to overlander64
Ref

Greetings PromiseLand!

Wedlcome to the Forums and the world of Vintage Airstream ownership!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PromiseLand
I am looking for a Freg to go in my 1980 Caravell Airstream. Someone took the old one out and i am attempting to restore it. it looks like the one taken out was about 36 tall.
M.D.
Please E-Mail me I am having a hard time finding things on this site until I learn how to use it.
Promiseland811@wmconnect.com
While I am not certain of the model that would best suite your coach, you can find the dimensions for the current Dometic replacement RV refrigerators at:

Dometic Replacement RV Refrigerators

When it came time to replace the refrigerator in my Overlander, a new Dometic was my choice and I went with the model having three-way operation - -120 volt AC/12-volt DC/LP Gas. This replacement refrigerator has been in-service for three season and I have been thrilled with its operation, in fact it has only been operated on LP long enough to verify that it worked - - otherwise, it has been operated exclusively on electric (more than 30% of the time on 12-volt). When the original Dometic 2-way refrigerator in my Minuet fails, it too will be replaced by a 3-way Dometic (I steadfastly refuse to trave with the refrigerator operating on LP).

Good luck in your search for a replacement refrigerator!

Kevin
WBCCI (Lifetime Member)/VAC #7864
AIR #827
1964 Overlander International
1978 Argosy Minuet 6.0 Metre
overlander64 is offline   Reply With Quote