Old 07-15-2012, 06:27 AM   #1
2 Rivet Member
1973 27' Overlander
Williamsburg , Virginia
Dometic RM2807 issues

My dometic rm2807 fridge keeps shutting off in me. Control panels says I lose AC power. I have to unplug several times a day and reset the fridge. Any thoughts?

THEMACS3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 07:05 AM   #2
Rivet Master
1994 30' Excella
Mississauga , Ontario
Mine is a rm3807. When I bought mine it would start ok, but after a few hours didn't work. Control panel didn't indicate any problem but if I turned it off for a while and then turned on again it would work fine for a few hours and then turn off again.
It turned out that the main control board would overheat and a transistor on the board would fail open.
There is a website about dometic fridge problems posted by someone in San Fransisco area that goes into great detail about trouble shooting your fridge.

Al and Jean

BigAl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 07:19 AM   #3
Site Team
1975 25' Tradewind
Dewey , Arizona
If your 12 volt connection to the fridge is low or intermittent, it will give you problems also.

WBCCI President 2016-2017
azflycaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 01:51 PM   #4
2 Rivet Member
1973 27' Overlander
Williamsburg , Virginia
Got a solid 12v and no issues with the 120v either. I'm wondering if the control panel might be the cause of my issues. Amy ideas on where to start with this?
THEMACS3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 06:01 PM   #5
2 Rivet Member
1993 30' Excella
1976 25' Tradewind
Flushing , Michigan
I have similarproblem with RM3807 in a 93 excella that had not been used a lot. While I really don't know anything for sure, I believe it to be an issue with control panel circuit board--fridge worked intermitent/slow to start sometimes, then fine--cooled entirely in 5 hours at home, then when at campsite, nothing--no lights on front panel even light, so we used coolers. After several days, when I pushed the button, the lights lit as they should but only for a few minutes. I have checked fuses, 12v and 110--have appt to take to a service provider next week. Anyone have insight? Thanks.
steve46 is offline   Reply With Quote