Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > On The Road...
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 10-02-2012, 01:40 PM   #61
Moderator Emeritus

1964 26' Overlander
1978 Argosy Minuet 6.0 Metre
Anna , Illinois
Send a message via Yahoo to overlander64
Whose shower do you use?

The criteria that both of my coaches had to meet was a comfortable bathroom as I detest the typical campground facility. Since acquiring my Overlander in 1995, I have only used the campground facilities once and that was only because my water pressure regulator had malfunctioned . . . I was very fortunate to have been staying at my favorite campground in Kieler, WI as their facilities are meticulously cleaned and checked frequently throughout the day. Both of my coaches have larger air conditioners than would usually be installed on a coach of its size as I wanted to be able to control humidity, and this has worked wonderfully for me . . . never really have an issue with interior humidity with the air conditioning in operation.

Kevin
WBCCI (Lifetime Member)/VAC #7864
AIR #827
1964 Overlander International
1978 Argosy Minuet 6.0 Metre
overlander64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 02:16 PM   #62
3 Rivet Member

Vintage Kin Owner
Warrenton , Virginia
I travel a lot for work and stay in hotels... I guarantee a campground bathroom (minus Sunday morning) is probably cleaner than the beds at Marriott (insert your favorite hotel brand here, its all the same).

If you have Netflix, check out the Jim Gaffigan stand up "Mr Universe" hotel bit. The whole video is great and PG.

I'm more concerned about High Fructose Corn Syrup than bathroom floors... Just don't drop the soap!
Others: 1971 Chevy C-10 with 5.3 LS and T5 conversion, 1983 Jeep Cherokee Pioneer (FSJ) with 5.3 LS and SM465 conversion, 1979 Porsche 911SC
Pillow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 02:21 PM   #63
4 Rivet Member

2012 16' Sport
San Bernardino , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by BAAMbi7 View Post
Unlike the "glamour" baths in anything basically larger than us (and interstate), we obviously have the "all in one". We have always taken showers in our AS. I know it's clean and it's a good incentive to limit the number of s'mores I may eat! I'm 5'2...he's 5'8. If we couldn't fit properly, we wouldn't have gotten it! As for water, we've never run out. So we conserve...

Also, it doesn't get humid because the bathroom door opens up right to the entrance door - best ventilation!
btw - I like the 2012 16' bathroom door location.
I have the same AS as you do, and I agree about the door location. But I have seen some advertised with the bathroom door opening to the center of the AS toward the galley! What were they thinking! lol
Rich of SCal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 02:57 AM   #64
2020 Globetrotter 25 FBT

2020 25' Globetrotter
Wildwood , Missouri
It's just the two of us, so I'm not usually to concerned about water usage.
I've taken my share of showers in CG facilities, but they are usually not my first choice. I much prefer the shower in the trailer. Even when we had the Bambi.
I'm 6'6' and 235, so I sit down in the shower in the AS. I don't use much water.
My wife,, she uses a bit more water, and I don't think has ever used a CG shower facility.
GettinAway is offline   Reply With Quote