Old 04-25-2012, 08:33 PM   #99
65th Anniversary CLIPPER

1996 36' Clipper Bus
Tub City , British Columbia
Welcome to the Air Forums.
Hope you never have anything to contribute to this thread.
Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by john121 View Post
Really nice ooppppsss stories. I'm a newbie here and I enjoy reading stories and post from you guys.

Old 04-26-2012, 05:59 AM   #100
CLOUDSPLITTER "Tahawas"

2003 25' Classic
Zanadude Nebula , WNY
Thumbs up Welcome Aboard....

Quote:
Originally Posted by john121 View Post
Really nice ooppppsss stories. I'm a newbie here and I enjoy reading stories and post from you guys.

This is probably the most instructive thread on the Forums, good choice for your first post.
Jocularity rocks!!

Bob

“After all these years the reason I continue to love Thanksgiving.....I still sit at the kids table.”
RLC

Sandra wanted to go to Cleveland on vacation,
but I’m the Husband, so we went to Cleveland.
RLC
ROBERT CROSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 06:31 AM   #101
Figment of My Imagination

2012 Interstate Coach
From All Over , More Than Anywhere Else
Quote:
Originally Posted by Janet View Post
Don't store stuff in your oven.
I disagree. In my Interstate, the microwave/convection oven is a great place to store things that won't rattle (paper plates, placemats, etc.), but it's always a good idea to make a tag to hang from the oven door to show that there are things stored inside. Needn't be much of a tag; a brightly-colored Post-It Note works as well as anything.
WBCCI #1105
TAC LA-4

My Google-Fu is strong today.
Protagonist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 06:51 AM   #102
CLOUDSPLITTER "Tahawas"

2003 25' Classic
Zanadude Nebula , WNY
Quote:
Originally Posted by Protagonist View Post
I disagree. In my Interstate, the microwave/convection oven is a great place to store things that won't rattle (paper plates, placemats, etc.), but it's always a good idea to make a tag to hang from the oven door to show that there are things stored inside. Needn't be much of a tag; a brightly-colored Post-It Note works as well as anything.
We agree.....DW hangs a bright red dish towel over the closed oven door as a reminder.

Bob

“After all these years the reason I continue to love Thanksgiving.....I still sit at the kids table.”
RLC

Sandra wanted to go to Cleveland on vacation,
but I’m the Husband, so we went to Cleveland.
RLC
ROBERT CROSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 06:59 AM   #103
Rivet Master

2007 30' Classic
Oswego , Illinois
Quote:
Originally Posted by ROBERT CROSS View Post
We agree.....DW hangs a bright red dish towel over the closed oven door as a reminder.

Bob
I agree also....since the oven pilot is a manual igniter, if I don't see the stuff in the oven when I open the door to light the pilot, I have bigger issues.

Store breads in the microwave and a light aluminum small pressure cooker in the oven (with other small items). The pressure cooker is in a soft bag and the handle wedges between the top rack bars and rides well.

"If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy." - Red Green
dznf0g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 12:11 PM   #104
Rivet Master

2009 27' FB International
Los Angeles , California
Becky was reading this thread this morning saying "you should add this... You should tell them about that...."

My response was "that's a great idea, stop lerking and join the forum and start posting". Oops.... Hope this doesn't get me in trouble or embarrassed by all of my oops moments.
WBCCI #1215
Air #54601

Remember... No matter where you go, there you are...

2009 27FB International Ocean Breeze
2010 Toyota Tundra CrewMax, 5.7L V8, 4x4
Scott J-24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 04:54 PM   #105
Rivet Master

2007 30' Classic
Oswego , Illinois
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott J-24 View Post
Becky was reading this thread this morning saying "you should add this... You should tell them about that...."

My response was "that's a great idea, stop lerking and join the forum and start posting". Oops.... Hope this doesn't get me in trouble or embarrassed by all of my oops moments.
Well, yeah! If Becky's got ideas...and stories, I wanna hear them!

"If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy." - Red Green
dznf0g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 05:59 AM   #106
Figment of My Imagination

2012 Interstate Coach
From All Over , More Than Anywhere Else
We ALL want to read them! Not only because we want to poke fun at you— though it's human nature to laugh at another's misfortune— but also because we want to learn from your mistakes as well. If we're going to make mistakes, we want them to be new and original, not the same old mistakes that someone else made first.
WBCCI #1105
TAC LA-4

My Google-Fu is strong today.
Protagonist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 07:09 AM   #107
Rivet Master

1970 27' Overlander
Espanola , Full Timer
Send a message via Yahoo to AIR-Quarius Send a message via Skype™ to AIR-Quarius
When I was young, it was the 4th of July...was at a friends house...I lit the black Cat fire cracker with the wrong hand and threw the match instead. Had just enough time to move it away from my face before it went off in my other surprised hand.
Old 05-14-2012, 08:20 AM   #108
4 Rivet Member

2005 25' International CCD
Lilburn , Georgia
broken windows

About 100 miles from home, we stopped at a rest area (we stop at almost every one we see) --I always take a quick walk around the rig, just in case..... first glance shows the prop arms for the large front side awning window dangling at odd angles, bare screen, top hinge with bits of glass all around the edge. Closer, just a few bits of glass on the sill --and the bottom window latches clearly in "unlatched" position. The whole window gone --all the glass blown away, no other damage to the AS --but sure upset about what must have happened out on the highway!
Remember to latch those windows!!
We broke the curved acrylic window shield on the same trip but we won't tell that story!
Old 07-05-2012, 10:55 AM   #109
65th Anniversary CLIPPER

1996 36' Clipper Bus
Tub City , British Columbia
This incident is not in a RV but read and take warning.

GPS in the sun blew up (Pics)

GPD explodes and burns in hot sun. Unplug unnecessary equipment when it is not needed.

Dave

Old 07-05-2012, 07:01 PM   #110
2 Rivet Member

2002 25' Safari
1988 25' Excella
1967 20' Globetrotter
Seattle , Washington
The day I bought my Airstream I towed it home to my gated community and the gate's security bar came down between the tow vehicle and the Airstream. There were signs clearly posted saying "one vehicle at a time" but I was so used to waving my security card at the sensor and breezing right through with my car that it never occurred to me that the stupid gate would count it as two vehicles. So I have dents on both sides, right where I see them in the side mirrors while I am on the road as a constant reminder of my stupidity.
Old 07-05-2012, 10:09 PM   #111
Rivet Master
Commercial Member

1954 22' Safari
Deerfield , Illinois
Send a message via AIM to bredlo
Quote:
Originally Posted by clemdogmom View Post
...the gate's security bar came down ...so I have dents on both sides, right where I see them.
So, the exact device that's designed to keep out anyone who'd deface your property... wound up being the only thing thus far to damage it. Bitter, bitter irony.

Thanks for the reminder to remember how long we are!
Old 07-06-2012, 05:53 PM   #112
2 Rivet Member

Washougal , Washington
You didn't pay! You didn't PAY!

Long time ago, in a campground far, far, away...

We'd been pulling our tent trailer (do you guys call that a SOT?) and WELL after dark we finally found the State Park we'd been trying to get to so we could camp for the night. The sign at the entrance booth said, "Find an empty spot, the Ranger will come by to register you".

Okaaaaaay.... Looked all around for the guy, no camp host in those days. It's 9:30 and it's daaaawwwwrk! We finally give up and turn in.

We wanted to leave early the next morning, so we pack up, and go driving around, looking for the guy. Nothing.

Okay, we tried, so let's go... We're driving out the access road, and this little dinky pickup comes rolling up behind us with the roof light on... The guy's leaning out the window, hollering, "You didn't pay! You didn't PAY!!!"

No amount of explaining how many times and how far I went in looking for him would satisfy him...

So since then, every time we see one of those guys in a hurry, we turn to each other and chuckle, "You didn't pay - you didn't pay!!"

Steamguy is offline   Reply With Quote