Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > On The Road...
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 03-17-2010, 05:20 AM   #1
Islander

2005 28' International CCD
Deer Harbor , ORCAS ISLAND WA
texas airstream harbour

Has anyone been to this airstream park...In zavalla, texas on lake sam rayburn??? I plan to be there march 31 for a couple of days....
kingfisher24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2010, 07:50 AM   #2
Rivet Master

2006 30' Classic S/O
Currently Looking...
Mohrsville , Pennsylvania
Kingfisher,
I persoanlly have not been there, but there are two reviews for it in the "reviews" tab at the top of the portal.

Here's a link to the actual reviews....

Airstream Trailer & Motorhome Reviews - - Powered by ReviewPost
TAC PA-3
S/OS#042
AIR #14487
NQ3U (was KB3UOM)
DEITZ645 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2010, 07:56 AM   #3
Contributing Member

2018 Interstate Grand Tour Ext
Austin (Hays County) , Texas
I was there for a week once, teaching classes at a computer rally.

Pros: Great folks. Very pretty location on the shore of Sam Rayburn Reservoir. Sites are not packed together.

Cons: Way out in the boonies. Nothing to do anywhere near the park except the lake. We had to drive quite a way to find a restaurant. Another restaurant had very limited hours.
WBCCI #9632
Pahaska is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2010, 08:36 AM   #4
Rivet Master

1979 30' Argosy
Havelock , where we park it
Hello

Good morning to everyone.... We happen to own 2 lots side by side in TAHI (Texas Airstream Harbour Inc). We love it there. We arrived for a couple of days and ended up buying a lot. It is very quiet and right on the water. Clubhouse is great. The town of Zavalla is 4 and half miles from the park and the nearest Walmart is in Lufkin about 25 miles north of Zavalla. We love it there and would be there this winter except for some health issues this winter. Heading there for sure this fall.... There are rental lots and the people are very friendly.
WBCCI 10103
"Happiness is a warm Puppy" Charles Schulz
Happycampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2010, 02:49 AM   #5
Islander

thanks to all

it sounds great...secluded...great.....i can't wait to get there and have a look...
Old 03-18-2010, 07:05 AM   #6
Rivet Master

1960 28' Ambassador
Vintage Kin Owner
1998 25' Safari
Avonton , Ontario
Been there twice, last winter and this year on the way to Texas vintage rally. Both times club house was locked up tight and nobody to be found anywhere. We saw people in the park but was totally avoided. Checked in and out on our own and won't be back. Your visit may be different.
1950 Spartan
Shacksman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2010, 08:46 AM   #7
Member Slide Out Society

2004 28' Safari S/O
Zavalla , Texas Airstream Harbor
Texas Airstream Harbor is perhaps one of the best kept secrets in Airstream Parks...yes, it is away from the hustle and bussle of the city. There is plenty to do...fishing, birdwatching, relaxing watching some of the most beautiful sunsets ever..did I mention fishing? ... Crappie, Bass, Catfish, and about the friendliest folks in Texas.

I just can't image anyone not contacting Shacksman..as generally someone will come out to greet you and see if you need any help. We even invite our guests to coffee at someone's villa at 10 am each morning. .. I was there just before the Vintage Rally and the weather was atrocious...maybe we were in by the fire!...Sorry we missed you...but look me up and I'll see if I can make it up to you...

I own two lots there, in fact have purchased a villa and am retiring to TAHI. If you would like to visit our website, please go to:
www.texasairstreamharbor.com

Rockwell
Rockwell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2010, 03:24 PM   #8
Islander

time to hit the road

March 31st...the sticks and bricks will be history...money in the bank
journey starts with destination of the airstream harbour...to check it out and then to lake palestine and that area for the dogwood festival and ride the state railroad...rusk to palestine and a few days of fishing instruction from a bud with a house on lake palestine...then to arkansas for my aunt's 96th birthday...

then back to New Orleans and begin the journey up Highway 61 from the mouth of the mississippi........ following it until it becomes just a trickle in minnesota ....this journey has no time frame and will last as long as it takes.....

any suggestions for what to see and where to stay along the way
Old 03-18-2010, 05:52 PM   #9
3 Rivet Member

2004 28' Classic
1965 20' Globetrotter
Stephenville , Texas
We want to add our two thumbs up for TAHI! We were there for their October Rally and had a blast! Some of the friendliest folks you'll ever meet. They bent over backwards to make us feel welcome. Lots of fun at Happy Hour and the meals were wonderful. We went into Zavalla two or three times while we were there to eat. I remember eating really good catfish at a buffet and then the best hamburgers you've ever eaten a little further down the road (maybe 1/2 mile) at a barbeque place. (Make sure you order the homemade onion rings!) We seriously considered purchasing a villa and would have it just wasn't so far from home for us. Can't wait to get to go back for another visit.

Highly recommend!

Another jewel for Airstreamers is the North Texas Airstream Community in Hillsboro. Not as many trees or as pretty as TAHI but they have a really nice, clean, modern teleport and clubhouse. Folks there are just as friendly.

Maybe the friendliness is just an Airstream thing.
Jimarq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2010, 02:40 AM   #10
Islander

say ahmen
Old 03-19-2010, 03:57 AM   #11
Rivet Master

1996 34' Limited
1976 31' Sovereign
1983 31' Excella
Greeneville , Tennessee
On The Road??

[QUOTE=kingfisher24;825814]March 31st...the sticks and bricks will be history...money in the bank
journey starts with destination of the airstream harbour...to check it out and then to lake palestine and that area for the dogwood festival and ride the state railroad...rusk to palestine and a few days of fishing instruction from a bud with a house on lake palestine...then to arkansas for my aunt's 96th birthday...

then back to New Orleans and begin the journey up Highway 61 from the mouth of the mississippi........ following it until it becomes just a trickle in minnesota ....this journey has no time frame and will last as long as it takes.....

any suggestions for what to see and where to stay along the way

Sounds like you plan on taking an extended road trip? if you happen to or plan on wondering up towards East Tennessee (east of Knoxville), give me a holler and I will try and list up things for you to do especially if you like history, I live in a town that is home of our 17th president.

Sarge
SARGE/AF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2010, 02:37 PM   #12
Islander

Hey Sarge....thanks...east of knoxville is almost somewhere else...we were in Tennessee...last july and stayed at the airstream park in crossville and then headed towards knoxville headed to southeastern Ohio...beautiful country and i certainly will be back....

Our extended road trip is a "fulltime" endeavor as we will be homeless...

and like the old cotton picking song...like a boll weavil..."lookin for a home, just looking for a home...

Our unofficial home base will be barnesville ohio...just across the holler from the boyhood home of hop-along cassidy.... and home of the world famous dickinson texas longhorn cattle ranch...

see ya
WBCCI 2541

4CU
Old 03-19-2010, 03:17 PM   #13
Rivet Master

2010 25' FB Flying Cloud
Davenport , Iowa
Hellow Kingfisher24
If you are coming up the mighty Mississippi, you will pass less than a mile from the homestead. I am in Davenport Iowa (where the Mississippi runs east and west) This is also the home of John Deere home office and museum. There are 2 great county parks here (west lake and Scott county) There are also the gambling boats. We also have a Coast to Coast and KOA nearby. There are also some good Corps of Engineeers parks Highway 61 is also known as the great river road in parts.
Any questions as you get closer, contact me
mike
Airtandem is offline   Reply With Quote