Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > On The Road...
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 04-21-2014, 02:13 PM   #1
Rivet Master

2010 27' FB Classic
N/A , Texas
Spokane Area/ Riverside STate Park

Will be going to Spokane later this year and staying a few days at the Bowl & Pitcher campground@ Riverside state park.

I would like to hear from anyone who knows a hastle free way to the park via I-90 westbound.

I've checked out some maps but I can't seem to find a good route thru the city.

Thanks! .
Old 04-22-2014, 09:24 PM   #2
1 Rivet Member

ellensburg , Washington
Best way is to take the maple street exit and go straight up maple then take a left on Indiana and head on out!
9ftleader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2014, 09:54 PM   #3
Rivet Master

1978 31' Excella 500
Genoa , Nevada
I think you need to head east on I-90 and visit the Cabela's that's right in the middle of the road at the state line and go another couple blocks and see the Buck Knife factory.

NevadaGeo
NevadaGeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2014, 09:54 PM   #4
1 Rivet Member

ellensburg , Washington
^^^fact
9ftleader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2014, 10:52 PM   #5
Rivet Master

2006 25' Safari FB SE
Spokane , Washington
Quote:
Originally Posted by 9ftleader View Post
Best way is to take the maple street exit and go straight up maple then take a left on Indiana and head on out!
Indiana dead ends and is difficult to follow. Here is the easiest way (few turns actually). Yes, take the Maple Street Exit and head north over the river. Turn Left on Maxwell and follow this road. About 6 blocks or so after you get on Maxwell you will head down a steep hill with the river down to your left. This will be Petite Drive also known as "Doomsday Hill" if you have ever ran in the Bloomsday road race held each spring.

At the bottom of the hill there is an intersection and you need to go straight through this, keeping the river on your left. Don't cross the bridge.

The road once again changes name to either W. Downriver Drive or N. Riverside Park Drive. Follow this and you will see Downriver golf course to your right. As you start to turn right, be on the lookout for a fork in the road and stay LEFT. I do believe there is a sign at this point announcing Riverside State Park. As you continue down this road the river will remain on your left and a rather steep hill will be to your right. As you pass the water treatment facility you will soon approach the entrance to the park and it is well marked. It will be off to your left. Once you veer left at the fork, the road changes name again! Yeah, everyone wanted to get their name on a sign back then. I think the road is now the Aubrey L. White parkway.

Have a good time. It is a pretty nice little spot with some very nice upgrades in the trailer area.
aftermath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2014, 11:14 PM   #6
Rivet Master

2010 27' FB Classic
N/A , Texas
Aftermath,
I printed off your instructions and will have them handy.
Thanks!