Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > On The Road...
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 01-09-2013, 08:48 AM   #1
3 Rivet Member

2006 25' Safari FB SE
Santa Fe , New Mexico
need camping information Phoenix & So. California

Hello, I am looking for a nice rv park or place to camp in Phoenix for about a week at the end of March. We will be attending some spring training baseball games so somewhere around central Phoenix would be good but open to other areas. We can dry camp but would prefer hook-ups for this part of the trip.

Then we will head over to San Diego to visit our son. I would like to find a place to store our airstream for a few days while we stay with our son in his apt. The last request is for some nice state park camping areas along the coast of California. We will travel up from San Diego and end our trip around Big Sur/Carmel area. Thank you for any help or advice you might have!
mistermcfrug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 09:37 AM   #2

2008 27' Classic FB
Coronado , California
Hello,
I think the best deal in Phoenix/Scottsdale area is through Maricopa Co. We have stayed at Fort McDowell and are headed back over MLK birthday. here is the link.
Parks & Recreation - Maricopa County

We live in San Diego and store our AS on a Navy Base so sorry i can't recommend a place to park. However if you are interested in camping around the area the county has some great parks. (Sweetwater is just south of SD and maybe an alternative to stay in your son's apt). Also checkout Agua Caliente it is between Phoenix and SD just 25 miles off of I-8W. Spring fed mineral pools in the high desert make it quite a treat for the weary traveller. Hope this helps.
County of San Diego: Camping Park Information
dwoods81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 12:53 AM   #3
Rivet Master

2005 19' Safari
GLENDALE , AZ
The spring training ballparks are located in different parts of the Phoenix metropolitan area. You may wish to check where the games are before picking a campground to avoid a long commute.

Cactus League Stadiums - Map of Arizona Spring Training Stadiums in Phoenix
Phoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 01:13 AM   #4
Rivet Master

2005 25' Safari
Salem , Oregon
Quote:
Originally Posted by mistermcfrug View Post
Hello, I am looking for a nice rv park or place to camp in Phoenix for about a week at the end of March. We will be attending some spring training baseball games so somewhere around central Phoenix would be good but open to other areas. We can dry camp but would prefer hook-ups for this part of the trip.
Hi, we have stayed at a few places in or near Phoenix, my daughter lives there, and we found that we like "Desert Edge RV Park" [the purple park] the best. We were there for Christmas this year.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	008.jpg
Views:	91
Size:	156.9 KB
ID:	176406   Click image for larger version

Name:	003.jpg
Views:	103
Size:	343.4 KB
ID:	176407  

YAMAHA 2400 / AIR #12144
ROBERTSUNRUS is offline   Reply With Quote