Old 09-01-2011, 12:26 PM   #15
3 Rivet Member
1988 25' Excella
Trumbull , Connecticut
CT not RV/trucker gas station friendly

Hello, glad to hear thatyou made it to Maine safely. I don't knod the route you took but if it was I-84 you are right there are no service areas along that route in NY, CT and MA but there are signs along I-84 that inform you if fuel, food and lodging are available at the exits. When I head north
I always take I-84 and have never had a problem refueling. Don't eat all the lobsters as my son and I will be up there the 3rd week of Sept.
If you are looking for a good sightseeing tour check out the airplane tour at the Bar Harbor Airport just outside of Ellsworth which you had to pass to get out to the island. It is great fun and gives you a grand tour of Frenchmans Bay and all the small islands. Have a wonderful time, happy camping. nm1oqrz

nm1oqrz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 08:56 PM   #16
Rivet Master
2008 27' Classic FB
Burkburnett , Texas
Save some lobsters for us too. Hope to be there in a couple of weeks. It sounds like VT got the brunt of Emily. Was coastal Maine spared this time?

AIR 47751
Air Safe Hitch, Reese Dual Cam 800#, Centramatics
Silver Goose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2011, 03:38 PM   #17
retired USA/USAF

2001 30' Excella
Somerset , New Jersey
Personally I try and plan to avoid fueling up in Conn. Cost too much there. Not that NY or Mass is a whole lot better. Were in Maine earlier this summer but wish I had found some $4 lobsters. I just might still be there if I did. Hope you all had a great trip.
Roger in NJ

" Democracy is the worst form of government. Except for all the rest"
Winston Churchill 1948

TAC - NJ 18

polarlyse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2011, 04:39 PM   #18
3 Rivet Member
Currently Looking...
Indian Harbor Beach , Florida
We are leaving tomorrow and sadly there are no lobsters left in least we put a good effort into it! Wish I could take the weather with us. And yes, we did get a little of the storm, thought about evacuating to glad we didn't. I'm sure we will hit alot of rain tomorrow, so it will be slow driving.
Maine is a magical place, so much to do, so many trails to little time. Almost two weeks went by and wish we could stay a month longer.
If anyone plans on going in the future, my recomendation would be get there before labor day and stay a couple weeks after labor day. Almost everything stays open until October and prices are cheaper and as of today, its almost a ghost town during the week, weekends are a different story. And the weather is perfect! 65-71 during day....47-55 at nite...wish I could take it home with me!
Once I get home, I always miss the aroma of the campfires!

kidsgone is offline   Reply With Quote