Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > On The Road...
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 08-05-2010, 09:52 PM   #1

2004 30' Classic Slideout
Fenton , Missouri
Send a message via AIM to jcanavera Send a message via Skype™ to jcanavera
Ft. Worth Tx.

We are going to be in the Ft. Worth area to attend a wedding of a relative this fall. The wedding is in the Botanical Gardens and from what I've researched so far, RV Ranch of Ft. Worth looks like a pretty nice full service campground which is not to far from that venue.

Have any of you stayed there? We notice they have different classes of full hookup sites. My son is coming with us and he's bringing his dog, so we will have our two little ones and his. We hope to do some site seeing while there for the week.

Jack
AIR #56 S/OS#15
'04 Classic 30' S.O.,'03 GMC Savana 2500
jcanavera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2010, 04:34 AM   #2
Rivet Master

2021 33FB Classic
Colleyville , TX
Jack, Those gardens are beautiful and a fabulous site for a wedding! You'll be impressed. After living in Cowtown for many years we aren't at all familiar with RV Ranch but it may be new and we haven't been in the area for four years. It looks wonderful. Should you wish to consider another recommendation take a look at The Vineyards Campground on Lake Grapevine located in the mid cities between Dallas and Fort Worth. We stay there when we travel to see our son and his family in the DFW area. It's absolutely wonderful and may be worth a look. Do book early though. The RV ranch is most likely a bit closer to the wedding venue. Good luck and enjoy Texas in the Fall, a great time to be there.
Old 08-06-2010, 06:57 AM   #3
Rivet Master

1974 29' Ambassador
1966 20' Globetrotter
Southern , Illinois
Rustic Creek Ranch (formerly RV Ranch)

Hello Jack,

I went past RV Ranch a year ago on a trip to Austin (in the car). I made a mental note that it was a campground to consider if we ever made the trip with our Airstream. It appeared to be fairly new. This was a quick analysis as I drove past on the interstate. The campground is actually in or closer to Burleson, TX outside of Fort Worth. Last August, it looked more like an RV neighborhood community. At that time, there was quite a bit of major road construction occurring in the Burleson area.

Recent reviews on RV Park reviews (RV Park Reviews :: Burleson, Texas ( TX ) - RV Parks and Campground Reviews) indicate that the RV park has become part of the Jellystone franchise and changed its name to Rustic Creek Ranch. We would probably still consider staying there -- only if we were planning to camp with our kids and using the RV Park as a meeting point between Austin and Oklahoma City.

I hope you enjoy your trip and visit to Fort Worth. See you next year at the Moraine View rally.

Nancy
maccamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2010, 07:07 AM   #4
A.K.A "THE STREAM"

2010 25' FB International
Arlington , Texas
Are you NUTS??? It was 109 here Yesterday!!!! Even Fall is warm,..well until November.
All kidding aside, enjoy your stay here. Hope you can find shade to park in because it is and will be Very warm. There is a place called Lloyd Park in Grand Prairie,Texas. They do take reservations teo weeks in advance. I reccomend site 113.Nice spot to feel as if you are in the woods. Has showers resrooms and a Huge lake. It's like 18.00 a night,plus your 10.00 car/truck fee. No pool, but hiking/biking trails. From where I live its about 15 minutes,... from the Ft Worth Gardens its about 40 mins or less.

I live in Arlington, If you need any tips on what to do just PM me.

SHane

Tow Vehicle" 2023 F250 Azure Gray!"

TAC ID TX-1432
THEPILL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2010, 01:04 PM   #5

Fenton , Missouri
Send a message via AIM to jcanavera Send a message via Skype™ to jcanavera
As far as temps go, we've got the AC and with a full hookup we take the restrooms out of the analysis. Since we plan to site see the area, our time there will probably be limited. I do see that it is changing to Jellystone. Last time we were at a Jellystone, my son was probably 4 years old and it's now 30 years later.

I'll take a look at the Vineyards campground also. Thanks for the comments everyone.

Jack
AIR #56 S/OS#15
'04 Classic 30' S.O.,'03 GMC Savana 2500
jcanavera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2010, 09:15 PM   #6
3 Rivet Member

1973 31' Sovereign
Fort Worth , Texas
I got married there 12 years ago, it was lovely. You might want to check out the Stockyards, Riscky's Steakhouse is a nice place to eat, with the interior decked out like an old west town. My husband has been waiting tables there for the past 2 years, they make a mean steak, it is a little on the high end. They sell alot of Rocky Mountain Oysters;-) If you can stay in Grapevine, it is such a cute town. We drove past the other campground you mentioned and it does look nice, didn't stop in though.

Samara

www.steventothemax.com
steven2themax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2010, 10:53 PM   #7
Rivet Master

2008 27' Classic FB
Burkburnett , Texas
RV Ranch of Fort Worth

Our GS chapter has had several weekend rallies at this park, but not since it added the Yogi affiliation and changed its name. It is right off I-35W but never noticed any problem with traffic noise. The last time we were there, they were expanding to more than double the number of sites and adding a 2nd store/office. If I had plans to be in the area, I would definitely consider staying at this park considering it has been good in the past. See if you can get a site under a tree if possible as the heatwave continues.
Silver Goose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2010, 04:23 AM   #8
Rivet Master

1970 27' Overlander
Espanola , Full Timer
Send a message via Yahoo to AIR-Quarius Send a message via Skype™ to AIR-Quarius
Go see Reunion Tower in downtown Dallas. It's the 'ball on the end of a stick' that you see in the Dallas skyline. It has an outdoor wrap around observatory...and some of the artsy building rotates. Then about twelve blocks up from from there is Deep Ellum, a multi-million dolllar upgraded district of probably the oldest part of the city...three streets of everything you can think of. Best if you go there right at sunset.