Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > Our Community > Member Introductions
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 10-01-2007, 07:40 AM   #1

1959 22' Caravanner
angleton , Texas
What's it worth

I would like some opinions from you on what my Airstream is worth. It's a 1959 Caravanner 22 foot. Everything is original from the floor to all the appliances. Even the Coleman AC unit still works like a champ.The only thing thats been changed are the curtians, tires, wheels,and the valves on the gas bottles. I still have the originals.
This Airstream has no dents or dings on it at all. I have the original purchase recipt. It was purchased in Ohio for 5076.87 dollars in April of 1959. Original manuals for the trailer and everything in it. Even the Lifetime warranty papers. Letters signed by Wally B. about the water purifier and a story about running whisky through it in Africa. Many more original papers and manuals.
This trailer is almost like new, it should be in a museum. It is solid as a rock.
airtex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2007, 07:53 AM   #2
2 Rivet Member

2006 16' International CCD
Nashville , Tennessee
Ireally wish you would post some pictures so we could see what it looks like.
DC
Don Cook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2007, 05:58 PM   #3
"Cloudsplitter"

2003 25' Classic
Houstatlantavegas , Malebolgia
Thumbs up Priceless

It's worth whatever someone is willing to pay.

Sounds a lot like our "priceless" find. All original unrestored.

Post some photo's, I'm sure you'll get a variety of opinions

"BERTHA" BY THE LAKE
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	BERTHA-BY THE LAKE.jpg
Views:	146
Size:	49.0 KB
ID:	46511  
Old 10-03-2007, 06:15 PM   #4
4 Rivet Member

2013 31' Classic
Crossville , Tennessee
Quote:
Originally Posted by airtex
I would like some opinions from you on what my Airstream is worth. It's a 1959 Caravanner 22 foot. Everything is original from the floor to all the appliances. Even the Coleman AC unit still works like a champ.The only thing thats been changed are the curtians, tires, wheels,and the valves on the gas bottles. I still have the originals.
This Airstream has no dents or dings on it at all. I have the original purchase recipt. It was purchased in Ohio for 5076.87 dollars in April of 1959. Original manuals for the trailer and everything in it. Even the Lifetime warranty papers. Letters signed by Wally B. about the water purifier and a story about running whisky through it in Africa. Many more original papers and manuals.
This trailer is almost like new, it should be in a museum. It is solid as a rock.
Well, from the way it reads, I would say it's probably worth a thousand dollars. Now, having not seen it, I must take your word on everything, however, I will give you the thousand dollars-sight unseen, but you will have to give me a few days to drive that far.
steelbird312 WBCCI #6673 jerry Hodge
2013 31" Classic limited
Have no intention of arriving at the grave safely, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, throttle in the other, totally worn out and screaming
"WOO HOO, WHAT A RIDE!"
steelbird312 is offline   Reply With Quote