Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > On The Road...
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 11-01-2015, 02:23 PM   #1
3 Rivet Member

2017 30' Classic
2007 28' International CCD
1999 34' Limited
2009 22' Interstate
Woodbury , Minnesota
Direct tv jumper cable

I just bought a 2014 28ft International signature. I cannot get cable tv to work. If I run the cable inside to the tv I get it. I read that if you are going to use Direct TV you remove a juMper cable and then replace the jumper. I suspect the prior owner used direct tv but did not replace the jumper. However I cannot find the terminals where the jumper is supposed to be. Can anyone help?
dickschaak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2015, 03:14 PM   #2
4 Rivet Member

2016 27' Flying Cloud
Overland Park , Kansas
Quote:
Originally Posted by dickschaak View Post
I just bought a 2014 28ft International signature. I cannot get cable tv to work. If I run the cable inside to the tv I get it. I read that if you are going to use Direct TV you remove a juMper cable and then replace the jumper. I suspect the prior owner used direct tv but did not replace the jumper. However I cannot find the terminals where the jumper is supposed to be. Can anyone help?
Another member posted this (Gary) Hope he doesn't mind me quoting what he said, which worked for me.

"you will need a switch as mentioned. Set the Sat Receiver on the shelf above the BluRay. Hook up the Coax. Now the fun part.

Until you get another switch simply unplug the HDMI cable from the BluRay and plug it into the Sat RX. You won't be able to use the BluRay but both TV's will see the Sat RX as there is already a splitter someplace in the cabinet (current BluRay out to Split In and then 2 Split outs, 1 to each TV).

HDMI splitters from Amazon are pretty cheap. Usually less than $50. What you want to get is a input splitter. 2 or more inputs to one output. Hookup would be BluRay to Input 1, Sat RX to Input 2, Output the same HDMI cable that was into the original BluRay. You will usually need to get a couple of additional HDMI cables. They don't need to be very long.

Mine was a 3 input. On the third input I put a longer 6 ft HDMI cable so I could use my iPad to drive movies.

Lastly you can get a multi input/output splitter that will allow you to watch a different input on each TV. So one on BluRay and one on the Sat Rx. Larger box and usually has a remote control so that you can make input/output selections."
Hiho Silver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2015, 03:22 PM   #3
4 Rivet Member

2016 27' Flying Cloud
Overland Park , Kansas
Also, the splitter Airstream installed is under the shelf that the blueray player sits on. In my 2014 FC there are 2 screws that you need to take out to remove the shelf. Then you can take the HDMI cable from the blue ray and plug it into your new splitter, as mentioned above.
As far as no cable, did you turn off the antenna booster button next to the tv? It has a green light that is on for antenna tv and off for cable.
Hiho Silver is offline   Reply With Quote