Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > On The Road...
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 08-18-2016, 10:30 AM   #41
Rivet Master

2012 25' Flying Cloud
Berlin , Maryland
Know doubt that many of us have a very strong opinion on how we like our coffee. I have a roaster near by me that i buy all my coffee and then grind my own when ready to brew. When we are camping I use the Lido 2 made by Orphan Espresso, www.oehandgrinders.com. I like it because I can set the grind for espresso to french press and all the others in between. I have others but clearly like this the best. As to the coffee pot I now use the 32 oz Espro Coffee Press. It allows me to make one cup or multiple cups. Now I am somewhat anal when I make my coffee as I heat the water between 197 and 207 degrees before adding it to the ground coffee. I also preheat the press before adding the coffee. I wait 3 to 4 minutes before pressing it down twice.
urnmor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2016, 09:31 AM   #42
Rivet Master

2019 27' Flying Cloud
Kansas City , Missouri
Quote:
Originally Posted by urnmor View Post
Know doubt that many of us have a very strong opinion on how we like our coffee. I have a roaster near by me that i buy all my coffee and then grind my own when ready to brew. When we are camping I use the Lido 2 made by Orphan Espresso, www.oehandgrinders.com. I like it because I can set the grind for espresso to french press and all the others in between. I have others but clearly like this the best. As to the coffee pot I now use the 32 oz Espro Coffee Press. It allows me to make one cup or multiple cups. Now I am somewhat anal when I make my coffee as I heat the water between 197 and 207 degrees before adding it to the ground coffee. I also preheat the press before adding the coffee. I wait 3 to 4 minutes before pressing it down twice.

Interesting. Can you elaborate on the pressing it down twice?

Piggy Bank
Piggy Bank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2016, 12:53 PM   #43
Rivet Master

2012 25' Flying Cloud
Berlin , Maryland
Although you don't need to; I do it because I think it makes the coffee stronger athough I really have no way of knowing if it does. Now it is habit. I also press iti down a third time when the pot is just about empty as it makes a tad more coffee. Sorry that I can't be more specific
urnmor is offline   Reply With Quote